Part 68 - Melting

*It's two o'clock in the afternoon, when there is a knock on the door*

*Kelly gets up from the couch and opens the door*

Kelly: Hi George!

George: Hi Kelly! Uhm...Is Y/n there?

*You get up from the couch and walk over to the door, where you stand a little bit behind Kelly, so you can see George*

Y/n: Yes I am

*Kelly looks at both of you and sees you and George staring in each other's eyes*

Kelly: Shall I...? Okay, I'll grab my purse and I'll run some quick errands. Will you look after Y/n, George?

George: Oh, uhm. Yes. If that's okay with you Y/n?

Y/n: Uhm, yeah. Okay. I'll see you back in a bit Kelly?

Kelly: Sure!

*She grabs her purse and looks quickly at the both at you. She smiles and decides to leave*

Y/n: Yes... Come in George

*He walks in, but keeps an appropriate distance from you*

*You close the door and turn around to face him*

George: I... I... How are you doing?

Y/n: I'm okay. Could've been better, but I'm still here

*You notice he wants to step closer to you, but he quickly moves back on his place*

George: I'm sorry, I just don't know what to do after last night. Do you still want me to stay away...?

Y/n: No I'm sorry George. I understand you're confused now, but you don't have to stay away from me. I'm okay

*George takes carefully a step closer to you*

George: Are you really okay with me coming closer again?

*You nod*

*He takes another step towards you, so you're only a few centimeters away from each other*

*His hand moves to your face, but he doesn't touch it. You close your eyes*

*Somewhere you're afraid of his touch. Afraid that it will bring memories back up from Liam again, just like last night. But you can't ignore your true feelings. You're also lingering for his touch*

George whispers: Last night was so scary Y/n... I...

*You make up your mind and decide to move your head a bit, so his hand touches your skin. For a quick moment you freeze, but then you relax again*

*You open your eyes and look into his eyes*

Y/n whispers: I know... But it has nothing to do with you George. It was just the heat of the moment...

*George moves his other hand as well, and hold your face in his hands. He moves it a bit and gives you a gentle kiss on your forehead*

*Then he wraps his arms around you, pulling you into a hug*

George: Please, don't you ever scare me again like that...

*You slowly wrap your arms around him. Are you really okay with this? No panic attack?*

Y/n: I can't promise anything George.... I can't... There has been some history that can trigger panic attacks like that

*He rubs gently over your back and you close your eyes. Allowing your body to welcome his scent and body heat again*

*You hear his heart beating peacefully in his chest and it removes all of your worries. He really is the right one*

*After standing there for a couple of minutes, George disturbs the silence*

George: I have to let you know that the Ben and Jerry's I bought for you, is melting in my backpack right now

Y/n: You brought me ice cream?

*He leans back and locks his eyes with yours, as he's still holding you in his arms*

George: I did. It felt like my duty to bring some comfort food with me

Y/n smiles: You really didn't have to do that George...

George: Oh, I did

*He lets you go and grabs his backpack from the floor again*

George: So, I've got a whole survivalkit with me.

*You look at him as he's putting all the food on the table, while explaining what he brought along*

*Your heart melts a bit as you see him talking about the food, trying to make you forget about everything*

*Maybe you were lucky after all that he's your soulmate. Maybe you do need him in your life as well...*