Free

The sound of a lock rattling then a *click* was heard. Then the sound of a cell creaking open.
Konan opened her eyes from the darkness to see two figures in front of her. One however, was much more taller then the other as the smaller figure resembled a kid-sized height. Konan immediately knew who is was.

Y/n.

She didn't know who the other is though. Until it spoke,

"Alright. You're free to go."

Konan thought she would not hear that sentence for the rest of her life. Not questioning it however, she stood up from her cell bed and walked towards the exit.

Y/n ran to her and hugged her. Lifting her head, she smiled widely then spoke.

"Let's go!"

______________________________

"Are you sure it's OK for me to stay with you inside the hyūga compound...? Much less- the village?" Konan asks hesitantly. Y/n nodded her head. They were currently in Y/n's room. It was spacious. Enough for two.

"Yeah! I asked father if you can! BUT! One one condition." She smiled.

"And that is?"

"As heiress of the hyūga clan, you have to be my assistant. Well— not assistant- just keeping an eye on me"

"Don't you already have C/n for that?" Y/n huffed.

"Yeah. But C/n is getting old. They can't take care of me forever. That's why I have you ^^"

Konan smiled at the girls words. Never would she had thought...for someone like her...to get a happy ending. A peaceful ending. Sad that her close friends aren't here with her...

Yahiko.... Nagato...

Y/n slightly gasped in realization. "Oh yeah! Your new outfit!" Y/n ran out the room and later came back holding Shinobi attire.

"What are those for?"

"It's Shinobi clothes! I asked the Hokage's for these in case you wanted to be a Leaf Shinobi. Instead of fighting for peace alone, you can fight for peace...for Konoha.."

"..." Konan looked at the clothes in the H/c girl's arms then at her Akatsuki cloak.

"You don't have to if you don't want to."

Konan was lost in thought.

'Fighting for the Leaf...but my home...no. That's in the past now.'

"....yeah." Y/n gave Konan the clothes. Taking off the Akatsuki cloak, she looked at it. It was not in good shape. But it didn't have any holes or anything like that. Just worn out.

Konan neatly folded the cloak. Y/n put a box on the floor.

"What do you want to do with it?"

"I'm...going to keep it. It's holds a lot of memories."

"Okay." Y/n carefully put the delicate cloak inside the box then putting the lid on.

"Ooh! Let's share rooms!! After you finish getting ready, we can decorate! Or get our own house! Like roommates!"

Konan giggled. "Hmm maybe someday in the future.. come on, let's go."

Y/n and Konan left, not noticing the younger's older siblings watching from around the corner with their byakugans. The three of them sulked and deadpanned.

That's not fair... she forgot about us..