Finally Set Out

_______________________________

The Chunin exams were finally over and much has happened...

-The sound village and sand village started to attack the leaf..

-Orochimaru killed the third Hokage..

-Naruto having to fight against a sand demon named Subako no Gaara, thankfully winning..

-The village was destroyed but the fight was soon over. (The sound we're defeated and the sand surrendered)..

-A big funeral had to be held for the Hokage and other fallen shinobi who fought to protect the village..

-Sasuke ended up leaving the Village and Naruto failing to bring him back..

So many things happened to where the Leaf had to close their walls to prevent any travelers from coming for the time being so the leaf can be rebuilt. Now since there's no Hokage, missions were postponed until further notice, making it harder for the Hyūga siblings and Naruto to look for Y/n.

(Time-skip to many months later...)
*A few weeks after Tsunade was announced the 5th Hokage*

Tsunade Senju sat at her desk while Hinata, Naruto and Neji.

"So you're telling us that this mission was supposed to happen months ago?" Shizune, Tsunade's helper (or assistance) asked.

"Oink!" Her pig friend, Tonton, squeaked.

Hinata nodded. "Yeah.. we wanted to go look for my sister since the Chunin exams....but...everything happened to fast.. and we couldn't do anything about it.."

"Oink oink oink? Oink oink oink.... oink oink oink oink oink!" Tonton squeaked.

"Huh?" Naruto said to the pig.

"She asked if you have any lead on where your sister might be? We can't let you leave if there isn't an EXACT location..." Shizune translated.

"She's right." Neji sighed. "We don't know exactly who Took Y/n or where they might be. All we know is that I can't sense Y/n's chakra anywhere in the village so the person must've left the village late at night while everyone was asleep." He said.

"But..! The guards and father were awake during the night of Y/n disappearance so how...?" Hinata said.

"Unless..we're not dealing with no ordinary kidnapper. If they were able to get past the the guards and your father without getting spotted, then concealing their chakra was the only option for them. Other than that, I have no clue." Neji squinted his eyes to think.

"I'm sorry but if there's no specific lead, important information, or a location, I can't let you leave the village. Especially by yourselves." Tsunade sighed.

"What?! Why not, grandma? This Y/n girl is really important! At least let us search outside the village! We won't go too far" Naruto complained.

Tsunade groaned. "Even if I let you go, you need a Jonin to lead the squad as this isn't a mission. More like a search party. Asuma is with his team, Gai is on a private mission, Kakashi is doing who knows what, Jiraiya is away for the time being...."

"Perhaps I can fill in that spot." A voice spoke.

Everyone turned their direction to the door to see Kurenai standing at the door. A small smile present on her face.

"Huh? Kurenai-sensei, where did you come from?" Hinata whispered.

"I just got here. Also, sorry for not knocking, Lady 5th" The female Jonin said, earning a hum from the older blonde.

Tsunade sighed in defeat. Knowing that if she says 'No', Naruto would just bug her until she changed her mind. "Ughhh! Fine! But don't go TOO far away from the village. Kurenai is in charge. You can go now" she shooed them.

The Genins smiled and thanked her before heading off.