Memory

I'm gonna assume that the woman in the picture is Hinata and Hanabi's mother and since she hasn't appeared in the OG Naruto, shippuden, or Boruto, I'm also gonna assume that she died when Hanabi was young from unknown reasons.

So in this book, their mom dies when Y/n was just a baby so Y/n asks her sisters what their mom was like (since ya know..she doesn't remember).

Also I had just realized that this woman who took care of Hanabi is named Natsu👇

Anyways back to the story.
______________________________
{This is a small flashback however, this was during the Time Hinata became a genin}

Y/n sat peacefully on her futon, enjoying the outside scenery of  her home in the main branch drinking tea. She then heard foot steps approaching her. That's when she saw Hanabi's caretaker, Natsu.

"Oh Hello!"

"Good afternoon, Lady Y/n." Natsu bowed respectfully. "Do you perhaps know where Hanabi could have gone? She was supposed to be studying and I couldn't find her in her room?"

"Oh! Father called Hanabi-nii in for a last minute training session with big sis Hinata. I was told to tell you about that earlier sorry.."

Natsu hummed. "Alright, I'll be going then. See you at dinner" she bowed again before leaving.

________________

Y/n quietly approached Hinata while hiding something behind her back.

"Big sis?" Y/n started.

"Yes, Y/n?" Hinata asked, fully facing her now. Y/n moved her hands from behind her back to show an old photo. It showed Hinata and Hanabi when they were little, their father, and a woman who was holding a newborn baby.

"What's this?" The younger asks.

Hinata stared at the picture before smiling with a hint of sadness.

"That's our family. You, me, Hanabi, father and mom."

"Where am I?"

"This was you. The baby. This picture was taken a few days after you were born."

"Wow I was that small..?" Y/n mumbled. "What happened to our mom? Where is she?"

"...she's no longer with us." Y/n was confused by this statement. "Did she leave?"

"Something like that.."

"So when is she coming back?"

"Uh...maybe when you're older, you'll understand.."

"Oh..well.. do you know what she was like?"

"Huh?"

"What was mom like?"

"Hmm..well. Father said she was a kind woman. She was also shy too. Seems like I got most of my traits from her." Hinata giggled.

"But..."

"Hm?"

"So if you got your hair color from mom and Hanabi-nii's from dad...then..why is my hair color different..?" Y/n looked down, saddened. "It's ugly...I don't like my hair.."

"Don't say that Y/n! Your hair is beautiful. Just because you were born with different color hair than ours, doesn't mean you're different from us. We're still your family and we love you!" Hinata scolded. Her voice may have been gentle but it held confidence and determination.

Y/n was shocked by her answer but smiled and nodded. She then remembered that Natsu's hair was also a different color so that made her much better.

"Now that you're satisfied, let's head on to bed. I have to go to the academy tomorrow so I don't want to be late."

"Okay big sis!"

_______________________________

I'm sorry for these filler chapters but I don't know what to do. I want to do the 4 year time-skip (the beginning of Shippuden) to when Naruto came back to the village but It'll feel like I'm rushing things.

So here's probably a last filler chapter while I think this through.

So cya!