Chapter 59 | Revenge & Death

Trigger Warning-Mentions of rape, abuse and violence. Please remember mature readers only loves<3

Time was healing Theodore, but how dangerous it was to continuously drift away from the comfort I shared with Mattheo.

My stubborn mind refusing to seek him out. I'd chose Mattheo, I'd always choose him no matter the blood I have to spill, the limb I have to tear or cries I have to sob.

Time away only tightened my lungs, suffocating my own happiness. I couldn't be Vin's protective sister or Theodore's best friend. It was impossible to be there for anyone when my mind truly functioned with him.

I stayed the night sleeping by Theodore's side with my head tucked into his chest.

He fell asleep quickly, the long breaths assuring I was nothing but safety for him.

But I was no longer allowed that same safety. It was Mattheo's arms I sought out so desperately and Theodore could only provide a fraction of what I needed.

Slowly dragging away from him and replacing my body with the stuffed bear we both loved I snuck out the room and shut the door silently. Seeing Enzo planted on the floor with his head against the concrete wall I smiled slightly to myself.

"You can go inside" I shook him awake.

"What? Oh-hey angel I was just making sure you two were fine and got tired" he said getting up slowly with his metallic leg still unusual for him.

"I know-can you watch him for me? He's asleep"

"Yeah of course-goodnight" he kissed my cheek and walked into the room silently. Grabbing a chair to sit beside him he fell asleep so fast I smiled when I saw my two boys so peaceful and safe.

I shut the door and squinted my eyes at the light coming from the kitchen.

"Can't sleep sunshine?" Alex asked from across the room, a glass in his hand filled with a clear substance I believed was vodka.

"Not really, you?"

"It hasn't been easy sleeping these past days, the burn is getting worse. For all of us" he lifted his sleeve to reveal the red skin masking his forearm. I'd noticed Draco and Blaise experiencing the same itching, but every boy wore a tux or dress shirt to cover the mark that chained their soul.

"I haven't felt anything" I furrowed my brows.

"That's because you can't. I heard The Order talking about you before, you're special and the dark lord doesn't want you to see how powerful you truly are. "

"This only makes me cursed, and a far greater target for the dark lord to see as a threat" I sighed.

"Maybe, but he won't hurt you. We'll make sure of it" he said raising his glass to his lips and downed the rest of his drink.

"So are you going to explain what's going on between you and Astoria?" I raised a brow, curling my lips into a devious smile.

"I don't know what you're talking about, the girl is aggravating"

"She is not" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes she is with her constant need to be perfect and have all the attention at her feet."

"That isn't the Astoria I know and you still saved her, that means you care Alex"

"I did what I had to I wasn't going to let her stay in that cell for them to take advantage of her. She's stunning after all so I know they were eager to see someone like her in a cell like that" he scoffed so angrily I could almost see the steam burning his ears.