Chapter 32 | Winter Ball Pt.1

I can imagine either one as Octavia's dress but I definitely like the color on the first picture more but I love the details on the second dress so imagine either one!

Our fight began the moment he woke. The inevitable power being too much for such a pure good-hearted soul. The tears poured from my brothers eyes and the hint of overwhelming magic flowed.

He was losing control.

Twelve more hours until the ball and I stayed the entire night by Vin's side the moment Hermione rushed to my dorm begging for help.

It was mayhem the moment I opened the door to the Gryffindor common room.

Harry, Ron, the twins and Ginny rushed to me with the questions overflowing before I could get a single word out.

Each worried about Vin made me sick. I should've been grateful for the people who grew to love and care for my brother but it was a twisting in my gut that baffled me. Some may call it jealousy, I call it annoyance. Being his sister didn't give me the privilege of trust Harry Potter.

Not anymore.

The red spark that only some could see hidden in their eyes. They both have it, wanting numerous answers that I couldn't give.

Hermione held her tongue, trusting the girl she once knew to call her friend but I could see myself losing that trust each day I walked the halls with Riddle by my side.

Although one thing was certain, they both loved Vin but neither could help him like his little sister.

"What's wrong with him Octavia?"

"Hermione get them all out of this room I'll only do this if they leave!" I demanded looking at the five people who stood in my brothers dorm with Vin coughing immensely, shooting spells that one couldn't even begin to sort out.

He was a madman, but the emotions made it worse. Colors burst from his fingertips, tearing the room apart.

"We're not leaving!"

"He's my brother Harry if you want me to help him get the fuck out of the room or I'll make you. I'm asking politely and my patience runs thin" I spat watching Ron grab his friend back.

"Ten minutes then we come inside" Harry warned.

"Don't worry Octavia we got him" Fred and George assured and I nodded watching them leave with Ginny.

The moment they shut the door I turned back to Hermione.

"Did you tell them?"

"No I told Vincent I wouldn't"

"Don't lie to me Hermione. If you told them what I did to keep Vin alive I'll be sent to Azkaban, sacrificial magic is a crime"

"You only did it to save your brother I can't blame you for that. I won't tell Octavia I promise" she said, with both of us hiding behind a bed careful not to get blasted by any of Vin's spells.