Chapter 54 | The Unmasking

This chapter you will find out who is the masked Death Eater that helped save Octavia from Azkaban so pls take your guesses now because I wanna know who you guys think it is before you read!

His screams were clear and painted with pure inner frustration. I sat up to see Theodore wide awake, hearing the same scream of Mattheo again.

There were times I forget he was unable to sleep without me, and although I felt terrible-his words still ripped my skin open. Theodore knew the guilt that ran through my body and I sighed, laying my head on his chest.

It was the first time Mattheo had forgotten to spell the room so no one would hear him throughout the night.

I looked at Enzo and smiled to see him snoring loudly, holding Arnold closely to his chest. I had the teddy bear beside me when I fell asleep so he must've gotten it accidentally.

I liked to think of him as my second greatest friend. Theodore began talking to him even more and they were inseparable friends, always cracking jokes and fighting over me time and time again.

At first I did believe Theodore carried this certain sadness of thinking he wasn't good enough, but he never opened up.

Now I could see his acceptance.

"As much as I missed sleeping with you Ava, he needs you"

"I can't just give in. For once I need him to come to me"

"You do realize who you're dating right? Even though I'm not very fond of the shit you went through just to be with him, me and Enzo did go downstairs a few hours ago and saw a bunch of tulips and food waiting to be eaten. Your favorite food Ava-which is gone now by the way so don't count on eating that later, but that's beside the point. He was going to apologize and if you would've seen him sleeping next to another girl how would you react?"

It was annoying how right he was, and when Mattheo let out a scream once more I could hear his own nightmares weighing him down.

"I would've killed her. Ugh, when did you get so smart?"

"I've always been smart what do you mean!"

"Are you just going to forget the day you spelled your name wrong on the transfigurations test first year?"

"You promised that we wouldn't bring that up ever again! Don't judge me I told you I was feeling really sick that day" he scoffed.

"Oh I think I'm the only one allowed to judge you-and McGonagall too of course because I know she still remembers that day" I kissed his cheek and jumped off the bed.

"Piss off, I'll see you in the morning Ava"

"Goodnight and have fun next to his snoring" I smiled and he only rolled his eyes, pushing Enzo off the bed.

I shut the door and laughed slightly to myself, but then I remembered what I was doing.

Taking the steps to his room I cast a silencing charm so the others wouldn't hear him any longer. Although when I walked inside and saw him for myself it was a gut wrenching sight.

Sweat covered his forehead and he shivered, his body spiraling as if he was taking the cruciatus curse right in front of me. I quickly shook him out of his sleep and he worriedly opened his eyes, unaware of his surroundings at first til he looked into my eyes.

Then a few seconds passed and I could see the look of embarrassment cover him entirely. He ran a hand through his curls and wiped the sweat, avoiding any sort of eye contact with me. He sat up, shirtless and quiet.