Chapter 33 | Winter Ball Pt.2

10 Minutes Before the Ball

Mattheo

"Why are we here Riddle the ball is about to start" Enzo asked in the center of the other three.

"Noah will want to speak with Octavia tonight. I need you all to not engage when he does"

"You really expect us to just sit back and watch?" Theodore scoffed. The others stayed silent but I knew they were thinking the same.

"Time and time again she shows that she is capable of handling herself. Let her handle this" I stood up meeting the eyes of Nott.

"No way even if she can that doesn't mean she should" he said and it was enough to drive me off the edge. I took out my wand and pointed it to to his shoulder. He hissed in pain and touched his arm that I cut. I healed it before it could bleed through his tux but left the scaring that he would notice later.

"If you take one step towards Octavia when Noah approaches her then you'll lose an arm. Octavia protects you from dying but that doesn't mean I can't cripple you enough to become the weak little bitch she has to take care of. Even if she already does protect you more then she should"

"Fine"

"That's the spirit Nott! Let the event unfold, I'll be watching from afar"

"How do you know he'll want to speak with her?"

After seeing her in that black dress, there's no way he wouldn't want to talk to her. I found my mouth becoming dry the moment I finished zipping up her dress and looking at the reflection of us in the mirror.

"He'll want to trust me. You two can leave to meet your dates" I demanded and they both nodded leaving the room.

Draco rushed to the bathroom once they left, making sure his hair was perfectly done and Enzo sprayed more cologne to enhance the nostrils of all the single girls. I on the other hand bounced my knee repeatedly, thinking about none other then the image of Octavia in that reflection.

After arriving at the ball Valina was angry for about two minutes because of Dante before throwing herself at me once again. I scrunched her nose at the poor attempt especially with that horrid looking dress. The purple gown being dark and revealing.

"Do you like it baby? I know it's your favorite and I'm willing to forgive you for everything if you're the one to take it off me tonight" she giggled.

"That dress is horrible and the color is even worse. You'll be lucky to have a guy look at you tonight" I spat and she stood speechless.