Chapter 40 | Frozen Night

It was a high pitched scream. One that opened the unsettling panic. A scream that stained a perturbing night.

Then I noticed how quickly I rushed out the room with Theodore doing the same til we entered the room where Vin had Camille sitting on the bed. Sweat glistening on her forehead and the terror clear on her face as she held a knife.

Vin had a single scrape on his cheek, while Camille sobbed with fright.

"Camille!" Theodore shouted getting her attention, but she threw the blade at our heads. Both of us unexpectedly moving but not quick enough. Although the knife was thrown to the other side of the wall and Riddle stood at the door with his wand blocking the blade.

"Camille, look at Octavia" he said calmly and she turned her eyes to me, widening them when she realized her actions.

"I'm sorry ! I'm so so sorry Vin and Octavia. I don't know why this is happening" she sobbed.

"It's not your fault butterfly"

"Are you gonna have to kill me?" She asked, her voice high pitched and showing nothing but true fear.

"What? No. We would never do that to you" I said walking slowly to the bed to see the others rushing inside the room.

"What's going on?" Draco questioned looking in between each of us. The silence creating wonder.

"Are you alright?" Enzo asked me and I nodded.

"Vincent- your cheek, let me heal that" Skye called out.

"Can someone tell us what's going on?"

"Not here" Riddle said.

"No! Please I wanna know too!" Camille insisted, pouting her lip.

Riddle looked towards me and I gave him a single nod. He shook his head and explained to the others.

"Camille's side affects are getting worse and because of it she's starting to become more violent without even seeing it herself"

"How do we stop it?" Blaise asked.

"We can't- only Thomas can" Vin gritted.

"Get your things-we're leaving. If we wait any longer Camille will become the most deadly person here"

"Do you know where my father is?" Camille tilted her head.

"Somewhat yes, but bring warm clothes"

"Why?"

"We're going camping and the weather is excruciatingly cold, even the fires won't do us too good during the night"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"What do you mean no? We can tell stories, have a campfire and make s'mores Draco!" Skye smacked his arm.

"What the hell are s'mores?" He furrowed his brows.

"Have you been living under a rock?"

"He has, and Draco's already is as pale as a skeleton so I doubt he would find any comfort in the cold" Enzo said and everyone bit their tongues to contain their laughter.

"Anyways! Do any of you know what s'mores are?" Skye said stirring the conversation off Draco who's eyes burned with anger.

"I've heard of them, never tried it though" Blaise said.

Skye looked at me and I shook my head "Don't look at me, I didn't eat anything good"

"Looks like I have to search the pantry! This is so exciting!"