Chapter 57 | Rune of Death

To say I felt guilty about telling Mattheo was oh so wrong.

He deserved to know every truth. Just like I deserved to know his and I would tear the head off anyone who tried to do what Tom tried to do to me. The girl wouldn't even receive mercy, so I don't feel any guilt for whatever Theo is about to do right now.

He paced through the hall quickly, still shirtless with nothing but black trousers and his endless amount of scars.

His eyes searched the entire room and once he caught sight of his target, he didn't waste anytime shattering Tom's glass of alcohol to catch his attention.

Everyone stilled and the silence assured not to interfere. Mattheo has come a long way with each of them and although he sees our friends as equals now, there's still certain times they wouldn't dare get in his way.

No jokes, no smiles or laughter but a flip of awareness to protect their lord.

"All of you leave"

"Riddle-are you sure"

"Yes. Leave."

They each took a good look at his skin before exiting the room. I remembered none of them have ever seen the scars I have and Enzo caught a glance at Theo's chest, his eyes widening at my handwriting.

Always and Forever Your Princess, Love Octavia

"May I ask what that was for?" Tom grinned stepping over the glass like nothing ever happened.

Theo let out a bitter chuckle, one that made my stomach flip entirely.

"Don't do this, you know what the fuck you did and I don't appreciate you trying to kiss my fucking girl!" He shouted lunging a punch to his eye but Tom threw up a spell to defend himself.

Theo was laughing loudly, "Are you going to be a bitch now Tom? You want her? Fight for her without your fucking magic and let her make the choice-but you will be disappointed in the end because I'm the one she loves and you will always be nothing but a fucking friend!"

His jaw twitched and Tom's eyes flashed red. It was the first time Tom threw his wand to the side and removed his own coat.

Colliding his fist with Mattheo's jaw, his face looking down at the floor Tom smirked. Mattheo didn't fail to spit out a pile of blood on the floor and wipe his mouth with a wicked smile.

Out of instinct I lifted my hand to heal him but he nodded to me, assuring he would be alright.

"You think I'm afraid to fight for her? She's loyal to you I'm well aware but if I can comfort her in a matter of a couple hours with you gone just imagine what I can do within a week"

"Ah, so you think you're special? Remember your place, she needed comfort because I was gone. She needed you because I wasn't there and even though you were the warmth she found peace with, her mind only thought of me and me alone."

It was a brutal match, but Tom refused to back down after Theo's words stung his chest.

Both became a bloody mess, but it was Tom who held more rage.

Although he seemed to look on the weaker side with his arms and body more slim, he held the same strength. When Mattheo's fist collided with his skin, there was always a retaliation back.

"Don't you see her writing on my skin? You'll never have her-you'd be dead if you were ever to try anything again"

"Beautiful writing indeed" Tom chuckled.