Chapter 31 | The Perfect Dress

My eyes burned with hot tears that spilled. It was then I noticed Riddle's words from last night didn't help, not one bit and I found myself screaming awake.

My voice torn and strained, I found no comfort being in this room.

"How long was I screaming for?"

"Only a few minutes"

"I need Theodore" I panted wiping the sweat on my forehead.

"Why?"

"I'm not comfortable here, I need him"

"So you're more comfortable when he shares a room with Malfoy?"

"No- I'm more comfortable in his arms. I sleep better" I said and watched Riddle clench his jaw tightly pulling at his skin to show an even sharper jawline then before.

"I'll get him" he said lifting his sleeve to call Theodore.

It only took a few moments for Theodore's knock to make me sign in relief. I didn't move, allowing Riddle to stand up from the edge of the bed and open the door.

"What the fuck do you want at three in the morning- Ava what the hell are you doing here?"

"Would you like me to tell him?" Riddle asked and I nodded. He guided him outside the room and into the hallway where he told Theodore everything, making sure I didn't hear their conversation so I wouldn't have to remember it once again.

Theodore came back inside, slowly taking cautious steps towards me and held out his arms. I jumped out of bed and engulfed him in a long awaited hug that not only made me feel loved, but safe.

"I'm sorry Ava I'm so so sorry I wasn't there " he whispered kissing my forehead and I could hear his voice crack.

I knew the news would be much for him to take, he always looked out for me. He would certainly create scenarios that ensured he was the problem for not being there, but it wasn't him. It was my father, and the fear built inside me all those years.

Theodore grabbed my hand and held it. I comprehended I wasn't only gazing at his hand but observing how different it was to Riddle's.

"Have you slept?"

"No she hasn't not for long at least, barely twenty minutes but she screamed herself awake just now"

He knew. Riddle knew and still muttered those words.

'I'll never hesitate to save you'

"We can go to sleep now Ava" his arm laid comfortably behind my back and we walked to leave the room not before I turned around and rushed to Riddle kissing the side of his cheek.

"I'll never hesitate to save you either" I said softly in his ear and watched the small smile form on his lips.

I grabbed Theodore's hand again, finally able to feel the comfort I've been yearning for and walked out the room shutting the door behind us.

"Piggy ride?" He asked and I nodded, the burning in my eyes taking a toll on me. I desperately craved a deep slumber more then anything so I hopped on his back and fell asleep in the crook of his neck.

I remembered waking up slightly when we arrived at his room but he pulled my close into bed and assured I wasn't alone.

"I know you're still awake" he said.

I said nothing, only fluttering my eyes open to turn away.

"Can you talk to me Ava?"

Still nothing.