Chapter 55 | Comfort for Heartbreak

I agreed red was now one of my favorite colors

But it was utter shit the longer we stayed inside this house with the urge knawing at my nails.

The more time given to do nothing began the revenge seeping through, and it was then I regret agreeing to Nadia's deal to bring Valina to us.

Mattheo knew how grand my hunger for fucking red painted on my hands grew. My dreams would only see the crimson liquid spilling down my hands and nothing more.

But he constantly had tasks from the dark lord to keep his hands full of red.

I wasn't given the privilege.

So after waiting two more weeks, it was only five more hours before we had to go into Hogwarts again.

Instead of killing, I trained with each of the boys and whenever Theo was off with his father for the night, I was with Tom reading.

I would catch a glimpse of hidden smiles and low chuckles from Tom.

We'd become so aquatinted with each other it was normal to sit amongst ourselves with nothing but silence or teaching each other dark magic. It was an agreement of respect for one another.

One night I suddenly fell asleep in the middle of reading with a book in my hands. I wondered if he stayed up the entire night for me or if he genuinely liked whatever he was reading, but when I noticed a blanket draped over me on the couch and Theo shaking me awake with no one in sight-I quickly peered at the chair Tom sat in and clearly saw he was on the exact same book for two weeks now.

Tom wasn't kind- never will be, but he extends a certain content with me and no one else.

Enzo tried to be friends, but Tom did indeed wave his hand and spell his mouth shut whenever he asked too many questions.

Theo had small conversation and he had given Tom more clothes that were wearable this time. He didn't show his appreciation unless I was present in the room-at least that's what Theo believes.

"I want to join you tonight" Tom entered the room, with a black long sleeve and slacks. It was the only outfit he agreed was worth wearing.

"You can't. If anyone recognizes your face it will cause chaos amongst the Death Eaters" Theo groaned, handing me a mask just in case things go south and we aren't able to takeover the ministry.