Chapter 35 | The Auction

Sleep was a privilege, something I wasn't bringing myself to have

Sleep was a privilege, something I wasn't bringing myself to have. No matter what, with each door that shut and slight move of the wind that picked from the outside I became alert. The Malfoy Manor reminded me of minacious scene, with Death Eaters roaming the house and most of them eyeing me up and down.

Riddle seemed to know where his room was, taking Skye with him and shutting the door closed. It took every ounce of dignity I had left to not burst in the room and anguish the girl.

Laying in bed I remembered the peace I felt in Riddle. His arms feeling safer then a million barriers.

It was torture itself to realize I was utterly alone and vigilant throughout the entire night. Even during my moments of sleep, I closed my eyes only with my wand clenched tightly around my fingers and woke to the same position.

Jealousy coursed through my blood questioning if she stayed the night in his room but I knew he would love seeing me drip in anger knocking at his door for answers that I needed but refused to ask. The price of him winning was far too much to risk.

A subtle knock startled me but I stood up and opened the door nonetheless. Only dressed in my black nightgown that stopped at my hips I was happy to see I didn't open the door to a man but I would much rather see a man then Skye.

She stood holding a tray of muffins in her hand.

"Good morning! I thought you might be hungry"

I turned my head to the window and realized the sun had definitely rose and the beams of light lit up the entire room. My eyes begging for more then an hour of sleep but it was impossible.

"Thanks but you thought wrong" I said and started to shut the door but she kicked her leg inside and pushed herself in.

"I'll leave them here anyways just in case" she said scurrying off to place them at my desk.

"So I've heard a lot about the famous Octavia"

"I'm not surprised, the Death Eaters talk" I shrugged.

"Not from them- from Riddle. He writes to me all the time and he's told me many things about you"

"Like what?"

"Maybe if you're nicer to me then I'll spill" she grinned.

"Why should I be nice to you? Kindness isn't given around here respect is, which is something you have to earn" I spat and she took a step back.

"You obviously don't like me and I'm not sure why but I'm not your enemy Octavia"

"You're a stranger Skye. I don't trust strangers, especially ones who can talk to Riddle like a friend"

"Is it wrong to be his friend?"

"Riddle doesn't have friends" I said.

"You don't know him"