Chapter 52 | Our Angel

Riddle

Riddle

Time stopped.

Every moment I trusted her, she ended up paying in the end.

I knew that the stars weren't aligned and my hands didn't drip with blood yet causing this horrid nightmare.

Failure.

I failed as a son, never being the wizard my father wanted me to become. I failed as a friend, pushing everyone away I failed everyone I've ever met-until I met Octavia.

I swore I would never fail her.

But this time- I fucking failed.

Her eyes didn't shine with light and dark combined to make an enthralling hole of mesmerization.

They didn't even bleed black when rage and violence is the only thing on her mind.

They were blank.

Empty.

"Octavia dear-what vow did you make to Tom?" My mother asked.

"I will spend the rest of my life protecting Tom Riddle as long as he's still in his human form. I will never attempt to destroy his horcrux and if I do then I will die a painful death" She explained with a poise tone.

"Octavia look at me!"

"The only Riddle I associate with is Tom. I am his now" she repeated.

Anger flushed inside every speck of my blood. I walk through burning flames just to feel the warmth of her skin yet in this moment she was cold.

She was ice.

I needed someone to help-anyone, but putting either of them at risk of becoming even bigger suspects wasn't an option. I knew they would come without hesitation to help our situation but I needed them at Hogwarts to keep them away from the dark lord.

It was all a plan to not get Potter on our side but give us time to make sure everyone was safe.

"What do you mean his Octavia?"

She said nothing only walked past me and I rushed after her. Grabbing her wrist, I pulled her body that I so desperately wanted to hold for eternity.

"You're not leaving"

I grabbed her wand and conjured a chair to tie her up. She fought remotely hard, but I used every ounce of magic to hold her down. I refused to let her step foot outside this Manor if it was the last thing I do.

"What is this magic"

"She's in a trance that only Tom can break. It seems she must've done something for him to believe she needed to be controlled"

"What do I do?"

"Ask her what she needs- she was going somewhere and he is the reason why"

"Why does he need her?"