Chapter Ten | Duel

Red was my least favorite color, I always questioned how anyone can see the color and get a glimpse of beauty

Red was my least favorite color, I always questioned how anyone can see the color and get a glimpse of beauty. The crimson color that reminded me of blood and perceived my most darkest thoughts.

I grew to elude my way from red.

"Vincent I'm so sorry he made me kill him I didn't want to kill him" I cried into Vin's arms loathing myself for killing the rabbit I nurtured with love to then becoming the reason for its death.

"It's not your fault, it's his. Please don't let this change you from the bright light you are" his eyes watering just the same.

But that's exactly what I did. Death as a child is a horrific nightmare, death as a teenager is a depression that only lasts till adulthood where grief is comprehended.

Death for me became not grief but instead I foresee it with no remorse as the months passed by.

"I'm a monster. I'm horrible that's why mom doesn't want me"

"Why would you say that Octavia?"

"That's what father said Vin, he said I'm too useless and that's why mom left"

"He's wrong okay? I will always stay with you Octavia and you're not useless. You'll never be useless, you're everything"

"I see you're finally ready to go" Riddle sighed getting up from the couch and making his way out the door.

I followed him all the way to the Forbidden Forest where I was last night.

"Why are we here?" I asked

He ignored me and instead put up multiple spells around us. It was a protective enchantment.

"Can you tell me why I'm here?" I repeated

"It seems my father wants me to see how strong you are"

I scoffed "If you think you could just bring me here and turn me into some entertainment for you to watch then you're wrong"

"That's where you're wrong, not me princess. Like I've said before I can do whatever I want, now I won't repeat myself"

"If I use my magic it will be to put you in the hospital wing"