Chapter 3 | Lakeside View

I pried my eyes open, remembering I agreed to hangout with Cedric

I pried my eyes open, remembering I agreed to hangout with Cedric. I rolled over on the bed carefully, trying not to wake up Theodore who was passed out shirtless. His breaths steady and constant.

My head was pounding from last night but I drank a sobering potion to help the headache, not forgetting to leave one for Theodore when he wakes.

After getting ready I left to see Diggory quietly without waking Theodore who still slept silently with small snores coming from his deep slumber.

Walking the morning halls was peaceful, no students were awake yet and no professors to supervise.

The morning air was cold and fresh, letting me breathe in the crisp air and seeing nature at its peak.

The way the birds sang, the leaves blew, and sun rose was my own pursuit of comfort.

I never appreciated nature as I should.

It was all useful for one thing, to hide in the dark night while I did my tasks to keep my magic strong.

Letting go of my thoughts I went to the lake and stood beside a brown haired Cedric with his Hufflepuff robes on.

"Good morning" I smiled.

"Good morning, you look lovely" he complimented.

"Thank you"

"Come on I want to show you something" he held out his hand. We walked in silence to the middle of the lake, where the sun sit perfectly above the water and the view of a glistening pool with desirable dreams was pictured.

"It's beautiful" I muttered.

"I know, I come here sometimes in the morning whenever-"

"Let me guess whenever you want to think about life and all your problems in the world" I grinned looking at him. He laughed lightly and shook his head.

"No I come here to distress, imagine my life and sit here, look at this view for as long as I can until reality sets in and life begins all over again. It's beautiful but just like everything in the world it's only a moment in time to be beautiful. Everything fades away eventually"

"Well thank you for bringing me here"

"It's no problem"

"Why did you bring me here Cedric?"

He turned to me and took one step closer cutting the air between us "You see me as the seventh year who only cares for looks. I understand that, and I don't judge you for it. But there's more to you Octavia and I want you to know there's more to me too"

I felt my cheeks burn slightly. To have someone you've liked deeply for years suddenly speak to you in a way no one other then Theodore has was uncanny. He showed such adoration and interest in me it was mind boggling.