What's a yeet?

Chapter 62:

---

At exactly 5:30 PM, after the announcement of Sanctuary being successfully secured and renovated to fit the liking of Ooarai, sixty percent of Ooarai personnel stationed at Nozomi will be sent to Sanctuary, so the townsfolk won't get too annoyed with them.

Some companies have to be left behind for Northbury's defence, but the police department reassured they'll keep the place stable until the battle is over.

Saunders prisoners of war that weren't transported yet were coming with Ooarai to Sanctuary for imprisonment, as an act of karma.

~~~

The convoy, consisting of fifteen trucks; five of them having flat platforms to carry anti-air or flak guns, one armoured car, and five tanks, are parked outside Northbury; at the western path used by Saunders to attack Ooarai's flank. Ray had to do a thorough headcount before they left, having to walk up and down the convoy to check if they missed someone.

There will be more of his troops about to arrive at Sanctuary, so missing one soldier or more won't be a problem; they could just hop on the next convoy to their new fort... Ray's just that uncertain about things.

After concluding the headcount, Ray goes to a random truck because being at the front of the convoy would be too obvious and too easy to be picked off. Since John mentioned of surviving pockets of outlaws in the forests, he has every right to be paranoid.

~~~

While inside of a truck carrying random troops, their morale rose when being comforted by the presence of their General being alongside them. As the troops complain about their aching asses, Ray joins in on their whinging, and jokingly promises of adding cushions to the seats.

The troops, being that most of them are Filipino, got a kick out of this and cheer that it would be nostalgic. Generally, the idea of adding cushions to the seats would be very smart. Ray can't wait to tell Thomas about his idea.

~~~

Of course, the downsides of being in a random truck than at the front is that he can't really talk to Matthew about the status of their situation, since he's not with him, and that being in a truck full of people will ruin the confidentiality.

~~~

After a brief period of time, their convoy finally makes it to the spacious lot of Sanctuary. The trucks and vehicles all park in the newly painted lanes of the parking lot, and before Ray sees what Thomas did, he lets the troops in the truck out first before himself.

After stepping out of the truck, he walks forward through an awestruck group of soldiers, and gazes upon the new look of Sanctuary.

~~~

Apart from the colourful paint job the bombers did at night, new structures and facilities are erected, and those previously built either were demolished or refurbished to be better.

From where they are standing, Thomas's crew have painted new lanes, or brightened faded ones with white paint lines so there won't be much disarray when it comes to organising where the vehicles should go and where they shouldn't.

~~~

The previous godawful and rotten chain-link fence are removed, and instead were replaced with new ones. It's still a work in progress, with construction crews and helpful soldiers installing up new posts, and attaching the fence fabric to them. They're not even half-way done, but they are efficient and quick in doing it.

~~~

Many tents, huge or small ones, are set up in the rest of the parking lot of the factory. They're not scattered about like in their previous campaigns, because of Caesar, or Takako teaching Thomas about how Roman bases are built and arranged, so they're sorted out in almost perfect lines.