The Saunders Espionage

Chapter 36:

---

Before going to bed, Ray goes into great detail about why Yukari should bring Andrew, and not risk her own life going on a solo mission.

One, it's because the school she intends to spy are the Japanese representatives of America. Two, Chuck and Brian are in there, and three, with what Ray did to make sure his army made it this far, it's no joke Chuck or Brian would do the same. Being close relatives, they share the same minds. It's no surprise they'd share the same tactics.

Yukari then agrees to his terms, of staging a base-wide emergency just to send a couple of spies over to high-risk territory. However, this base-wide emergency is just an exaggeration. Ray intends to get all the branches involved just to get them across.

But, Yukari had to interrupt, and explain why he shouldn't make a fuss out of this. She explained that spying on another school is simply unheard of, and the council would react like when Ray suggested to add in woman to the infantry. She begged to make this discreet, and in the end, Ray folds, and accepts.

He has enough time to think of a way to get Andrew and Yukari in and out of Saunders safely, without the chance of getting caught. It's the weekend, and since training is relaxed in those times, he won't have to be involved as much.

After agreeing to Yukari's plan, and therefor their discussion, Ray lets her stay over, and was later reassured that her parents are used to her not appearing back at her home at times. The longest of which was three days, and it was when Yukari, who was probably a freshman at the time, got lost in the cargo hold where it was said was haunted. She came back to her house trembling and shaking, and received a cold-hard discipline spanking, and a bowl of hot soup to calm her nerves.

Ray's got to hand it to her parents; they know how to be caring, strict, and eccentric at the same time.

They didn't share any pillow talk when they settled in, but Ray felt bliss when snuggled next to her. Resting his head on her messy and fluffy hair filled Ray with a sense of familiarity; the likes of which he kept getting whenever Yukari is near. This eccentric maiden that creeps even the coldest of exteriors out (Ahem, Bartholomew) managed to get on Ray's good side, by pity or not.

 the next two days, Ray went hard at work gathering up the dream team. This dream team consists of six people: a driver, a co-pilot, a door gunner, a navigator, and the two spies that's supposed to be sent there.

Coming through with his promise to not make this become a scandal, Ray had to call in people he deemed 'Worthy' into his office for a private talk. As well as calling in his Generals to know of some folk that they recommended.

All of his Generals were surprisingly supportive, and are strongly not against with the idea of spying. Javier was willing to hand over Andres. He is an Argentinian that worked as a Marine, but he also switches to Air Force at times. He could fly the helicopter, with the exception that they shouldn't make eye contact with him, nor interact with him, unless he interacts with them first.

David recommends Reilly to be the door gunner. While reckless he was when boarding a St. Glory ship, he has impeccable aim, especially when he's fuelled by brandy. Ironically enough.