Glorious progress!

Chapter 6:

---

Either the road or the jeep was bumpy, but the trip to whatever tank they saw in the woods was bumpy. Ray uncomfortably sits in the front with Thomas, and Miho's new friend that's probably his possible stalker – Yukari. She looks at him like he's a snack, and often he eyes her and sees that look in her eye that looks like she wants to eat him.

Though, he finds her eccentricity amusing – like, it reminds him of someone. Though it'll prolly take a lot of confidence to confront her without saying anything that might offend her. And so Ray does just that as he looks in front of the road, and sees they're entering into green territory.

Miho and her friends sit at the back, and are starting to acquaint themselves with his bulky and rugged friends. Saori is especially enticed by Philip, and Ray sometimes could hear her requesting that Philip should "Flex" and "Show his overwhelming testosterone and masculinity." All of those sound unpleasant, to Ray at least, but Philip was all for it. He flexes a bicep to Saori, and she could be heard swooning, and sometimes she caresses Philip's tensed muscle.

Hana is getting chummy with Simon, and it seems they found a common ground in liking flowers. Though, Simon is more likely trying to be nice, and acting as if he does, because Ray remembers Simon hates flowers because he was stung in the nose once by a hidden bee, though, perhaps Hana could help him relieve of that trauma? Their uptight and serious attitudes is also a thing they had in common.

Miho attempts to create small talk with Thaddeus; his speech is muffled by his gas mask, and his attempts at speaking are tied to his gestures, but Miho – ever so understanding – is persistent at continuing this futile conversation.

Thomas is too fixated on driving right now, and the only person Ray could have a conversation with, is the ever so creepy goober, Yukari... Ray gulps, but starts the conversation.

---

Ray: "So... Yukari."

Yukari: "YesYes! Whatisit?"

Ray: "Mind...telling me about yourself as we...drive to wherever this tank is?"

Yukari: "Oh! Certainly I would! Um... I'm a second year, and... I like tanks."

Ray: "Okay, good..."

Yukari: "Actually – scratch that. I don't like tanks... I... Looove tanks..."

Ray: "Oookay?"

Yukari: "All my life, my profound love for tankery, and military is so large! Not even the moon can topple that! I'm what you call a 'Military enthusiast'."

Ray: "Huh, me too."

Yukari: "Oh I know you are. I know so much about them! I literally mumble an entire history of a specific locomotive in my sleep!"

Ray: "Oh really? If you know so much about tanks, then name every tank in existence."

Thomas: "Dude, that's too far. Seriously, just...only lower it to the World War Two spectrum."

Yukari: "Don't worry! That's basically underestimating my knowledge! Well, here I go."

---

The Favourite Brother: Complex Editionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें