Big brother instincts Pt. 2.5

Chapter 49.5:

---

As Sayori dissipates into the air, leaving Ray alone again, he hears the sounds of someone climbing up a ladder. Looking at the ladder, a small hand appears and lifts itself using the floor of the tower. Turns out, Anzu was the one climbing up the tower. Ray could see from inside her shirt a possum hiding and resting its hind legs on her bra.

The way she hides Apricot is questionable, and she doesn't think of it as anything weird. So far, no one discourages her from keeping Apricot inside of her shirt; keeping him hidden and warm, but perhaps she has...other reasons why she kept him in.

Anyways, Ray is surprised to see Anzu climb up to visit him; going to such lengths to see him.

---

Anzu: "There you are, Ray! Been looking everywhere for you. I asked around and they said you were in this tower... I just want to talk to you about something, if you don't mind. Might even give you some company as well; you look lonely out here."

Ray: "I've felt being lonely in most of my life alive, Anzu; I'm used to it."

Anzu: "Tch. You and me both, man."

*She sits down on the second folding chair Ray set up and stretches her arms... She accidentally pushes one of the lamps off in doing so, and she doesn't look too shamed by it.*

Anzu: "Whoops..."

*Ray chuckles, rolls his eyes and replaces it with a new lamp. Apricot jumps out of Anzu's shirt and rests himself on her collar. She feeds her cute little marsupial a small piece of dried potato, who paws and nibbles on it adorably.*

Ray: "You seem quite attached to that little possum of yours."

Anzu: "Well, duh? He is my little Apricot! Now then, I..." *Her gaze suddenly fixates on the sandwich he's eating.* "What you got there?"

*Ray looks down at the sandwich he's eating.*

Ray: "It's what they call back in the States a club sandwich. It's basically a sandwich on a sandwich."

Anzu: "Huh... I have never eaten a sandwich before in my life, I hate to admit. I've eaten bread with stuff in between them, but none of them could look as good as that. Looks quite delicious."

Ray: "I know. To make a club sandwich, you need to start with bread. Not from a bread line. From a bakery across the street, baked that day, okay? You add tomatoes, lettuce – not the vegetable paste – fresh. Then you add bacon, and you put all that inside it."

*Anzu looks unamused with the way Ray kept teasing her by detailing food. Even from where he is, he could hear her stomach rumbling.*

Ray: "And here's the best part. You add a second sandwich on top of the first one. You put ham in it, some chicken, more tomato, more lettuce, and maybe some mayo, cheese, butter, maybe an egg – scrambled recommended. There's a lot more you can add, so if you want to make one, feel free to add potatoes or something."

*Anzu stops him before he could continue, looking perturbed.*

Anzu: "Are you seriously trying to make me feel hungry here?"

*Ray laughs and takes another bite off of his sandwich.*

Ray: "I thought you had dinner like the rest."