Having fun, or having an idea of fun

Chapter 18:

---

After an exhausting day of action, adventure, drama, romance, and/or betrayal, a simple break would be no longer a necessity, but a miracle. While being forced into this role, Ray found himself adapting to his environment, but adapting to this type of environment is not his cup of tea. He is trained for this, from childhood to up, but he didn't expect he'd actually make use of his skills.

While many thoughts mingle around in his head, with the temptation of just making a book to vent his feelings, Ray preps himself up for a group hang out today with his new found friends, and his old friends.

He had applied a new quarter amount of hair gel, shaved the stubbly areas of his facial hair, careful not to remove his beard, and took a long relaxing cold bath.

Briefly eating a ham and cheese sandwich just to shut his stomach up, he wears something appropriate and formal, but not to the point he's going to prom, for his group date. He wears a button-up shirt, covered by a brown diamond-pattern sweater, brown jeans, a pair of loafers, and of course a brown blazer to complement his brown attire. Noticing the colour pattern of his clothing, he wishes his eyes would be brown, but he has to settle for crystal orange eyes instead...or is it hazel?

While he is conflicted on using his trapper hat for this occasion, he heard a whispery voice carried by the wind.

"Ray," it said, in a subtle...fading voice. Ray glances around, trying to find where the voice originated, but he didn't find anyone.

He thought either Yukari is stalking him and playing pranks on him, or they're there early. He went outside to check, but there were no signs of stalkers, nor his friends out the yard of his apartment.

His heart thumps like a wrecking ball hitting a building, and it felt like he's gonna faint from cardiac arrest, but he kept his cool by making a cup of coffee, dabbing the sweat off his forehead, and looking out the window in silence.

A consistent ring from his smartphone right across the room startled him, and he laughs at the fact he got startled by a ring of the phone.

Making his way over there, he picks it up, and was tremendously relieved when he realised it was Michael calling.

---

Ray: "Mikey! Damn, bro. It's been a day, but damn do I miss you."

Michael: "I do too, man! God...today has been...really dragging, and I thought last two days ago were bad."

Ray: "What do you mean?"

Michael: "You know? While it has been a while since we've last talked, like, perhaps a few weeks after you departed, I became a Field Marshal. I did told you this, right?"

Ray: "You...you did?"

Michael: "Yeah? Yesterday, man!"

Ray: "I...oh...you did mentioned that... Fucking hell, man! Jesus, what's wrong with Japan?!"

Michael: "Don't blame the country, mate; blame the wankers running this country. When I became the Field Marshal, the school president, whom we call 'Darjeeling', or 'Lady Darjeeling', or her new trend name 'Queen Darjeeling' told me that an official was coming by that afternoon. I thought she was nuts to think I can command an army in my first day, but apparently she thought in advance, and trained the army with the use of a Marquee who she made Marshal temporarily... Both don't like each other because...nobility and all that. Things have been really really stressful, and the thought I have to fight in a tournament, let alone fight you, is really unnerving to me."