Sudden death round

Chapter 16:

---

Continuing the sudden death round, the last of Team A, that being: Ray, Andrew, John, James, Matthew, and the rest of the tank team are currently pinned down by the dug-in shields of the dead shield bearers.

The battlefield was covered in paint, and the enemy that was supposed to be dead looked too colourful to be intimidating.

They have no idea how they survived that, but all they have to care for now is how to survive this continuation.

As bullets whizzed by them, and tinker their barriers, Ray looks at all of his surviving members. He felt time slowed as he glanced to every single one of his soldiers.

John and Hana are with each other; the former giving Hana his STG-44, and settled for his Garand instead. John is in a proning position, and uses his large bag as extra cover as he balances his rifle on top of it. He desperately tries to return fire. 

Hana however, she's confused and scared as she shakily holds her gun, with the wrong posture and lacking trigger discipline. For the first time, her usual cold exterior has been broken, and fear from this otherwise queen of snark is shown.

James and Saori are also together. James's bag full of rocket ammunition for his bazooka is far from him, not to mention his actual bazooka actually far from him as well. He is blind firing his grease gun, and he gave Saori his colt pistol, who is also unsure of what to do. 

Actually, it looks as if she's crying while her back is up against the shield. Her hands clutching her bright orange hair.

Andrew and Mako look more focused and determined, and more so frustrated and angry than nervous and anxious like the last two couples. Ray may not know who Mako is, but Andrew does, but she's basically a wild card in this situation. She's smart, but does she know how to handle herself?

Well, the answer is apparently yes-since their cover is mostly ignored, because...they're short and they aren't exactly noticed, Mako drags a body of a rusher, with his bandolier still having grenades, and taps Andrew's shoulder to notify him.

Both lobbed grenades until the belt is empty of it; it halted the barrage for a while.

Matthew can be seen glancing at the radio, which was far from him. Only way he could call for help is with that, but...well, you already know. Miho is apprehensive as she holds her pistol up nervously. Ray expected her to hold it via the teacup grip, but apparently she holds it correctly, with good trigger discipline as well...

Then finally, from beside Ray is the ever so ecstatic Yukari, who's more excited, and more likely enjoying being in this situation than the rest.

---

Yukari: "I've always wanted to relive World War Two! Bring it on!"