Chapter 12

A/N: Chapter 12 already, isn't that crazy? You may have already noticed with the previous chapters, I had begun to divert from the plot of the original story from 2013. This was intentional, as more of these characters' backstories revolve around a new character's involvement with the clans now... to make it feel more interesting and less like "there's a battle, many deaths, but more cats join, kits are born, Mistfur becomes deputy, then leader, and everything is magically happy". And that just feels unrealistic. A lot of the previous versions of not just this volume, but of the first main series, made the story feel like it was constantly the same, dragging on and on with unrealistically pleasant endings. If you like the new direction I'm taking this series, leave a vote, and as usual, if we get 50 or more... I'll rewrite Into the Clans, the first book. Let's make the most of this series. Now, please enjoy the next chapter. I apologize for this long note. By the way- Did you see that the cover had been updated to better fit the original Warriors cover format? 🤔 

 -Minori 💕 

—-

As the five ducked through the bushes into the Twolegplace, Mistfur took the lead and signaled each time it was okay to move.

"Are you sure this kittypet will be the solution?" Sedgewhisker whispered.

"I have no doubt," Mistfur replied. "Besides, do you smell that, more cats... they've been through here."

The four nodded, wrinkling their noses at the stench of the crowfood and droppings littering the land.

"StarClan, this is quite the scene," Icewing muttered, looking back and forth.

"How about you four check for any evidence we can take back to Hopestar... and I'll go find who we need."

She silently stalked through the grass, approaching the Twoleg nest she knew Saturn had lived in.

"Saturn!" She called harshly. "Are you there? Saturn!"

Immediately, she noticed, happily running outside.

"Mistfur! You came back! I... I thought I wouldn't see you ever again!"

"Unfortunately, as much as I would love to happily idly sit here and chat with you, we have a problem. We need you."

"Hmm? Did you bring company again? Whitefur and Hopestar, although I thought they said we... couldn't speak anymore?"

She shook her head.

"No," she replied. "I brought four others, just as determined to protect my clan as I am. I'll introduce you to them, but do not be intimidated if they start acting hostile to you. Remember, to them you are a stranger. You may be a friend to me, but that doesn't mean they will accept that immediately."

"Yes... I'll come with you."

Slowly, the two approached the four, who stood back and looked Saturn up and down.

"Don't be afraid," Mistfur whispered.

"I'm not, because I know you'll tell them about me,"

Mistfur nodded, sitting in front of them.

"Everyone, this is Saturn. She has been a valuable part of our investigation of Harefur's death... as well as the one with the knowledge of the potential of a whole clan of cats invading us. StarClan, that sounded a bit strange. Allow me to rephrase..."

"No need," Icewing replied. "I believe I understand. So you are Saturn?"

Saturn swallowed anxiously, but stood her ground and nodded.

"Here. I'll introduce you to them," Mistfur replied. "These two are Mothnose and Icewing, Hopestar's daughters. And my closest friends as an apprentice, and now a warrior. And these two are Ivywing and Sedgewhisker... my littermates."