Chapter 14

A/N: And we're back! Remember- 50 votes to get Into the Clans rewritten! And did you know, it's officially been over 10 years since the very first draft of this book was written? Wow, it's crazy thinking about how far I've come in my writing. From a little draft written at age 11 to a full rewrite at age 21 (though I am now 22 this chapter was written before my birthday)! Happy 10th anniversary, Miststar's story!

—-

As Mistfur laid the last of the moss down, she sighed.

"Thanks again for helping me with my nest," Saturntail murmured bashfully. "I didn't realize it'd be... quite difficult making one by myself. There's still a lot about clan life I'd love to learn."

"Well, tonight, you can start by sleeping here... where hundreds of warrior ancestors watch from Silverpelt, those many stars up above."

"I wonder if I'll ever see StarClan cats one day," she replied. "Even in my dreams."

"Just believe in them, and they will believe in you," Mistfur affirmed.

"I'm already getting a bit tired," she replied. "Maybe I'll try exploring a bit in my dreams. What will I dream about... catching my first mouse as a clan cat, maybe? Or laying in the sun with... good friends?" Her voice got slower as she dozed off in her comfortable-looking nest.

Huh, Mistfur thought. That's quite... a sweet, maybe even cute way to think.

She shook her head and padded towards Whitefur, who was already asleep.

No, no, no. I need to stop... and get some rest.

Slowly, she drifted off...

***

As she awoke, she found herself padding on the softest grass, as light as a cloud.

"Wow, incredible..." she whispered, breathing in deeply.

Hearing a voice shouting in delight near her, she whipped her head to the side to see another cat rolling around in the grass.

"S-Saturntail?!" Mistfur called.

The cat then shouted in shock, before running to her friend.

"Mistfur?! What are you doing here?"

"I don't know. I just woke up here."

"Me too. But this grass! It's... so soft!" She giddily chuckled.

As much as Mistfur wanted to give in and play in the grass with her, she had to shake off the feeling, for the suspicion was too strong.

"No, wait. I don't think this is right. How can we see each other... in our dreams? Unless this is real life, and we've suddenly found ourselves in a different place..."

"Hello? Please! You have to help me!" A gentle voice called.

"What was that?"

"I don't know. Let's go."

The two then searched in the direction of the noise, looking up and down repeatedly.

"Saturntail. Smell the air. Does anything feel off?"

"I can smell... another presence. But it's not... you..."

"From where?"

She gestured to a large flower, closed up.

"Hmm..." she mumbled, clawing one of the petals away, noticing a silver she-cat's spirit fly out.

"Ah, a ghost! Run!"

"Wait, no! This is a StarClan resident! Can't you see by the stars on their fur?"

"Whew. Thank you both, so much," she purred in relief. "I was trying to find somewhere to think until I could meet my sister. But, I haven't been able to reach her lately since I've been trapped here."