Chapter 42

Ophiuchus's POV

“I will give you a chance to be with us again,” blanko ang mukhang sabi n'ya.

My forehead creased. What does he think of me? After all the suffering, he is giving me a chance to join them again? That means a never ending misery for me. Like I will do such a stupid thing! Well I know Malcolm is dead, but he's the second person I dislike. I know what could happen if I'll be one of them again.

Nolan is planning to continue all of Malcolm's evil projects. He will rebuild the laboratory, make the poor people as guinea pigs again, make an army of experiments, and conquer the world. Sounds like a joke, but they can do that. Who knows what other plans they might think off, and right now is still a mystery to me how they got the huge lacrima.

Nasa isang tagong lugar lang ang Lacrima na yon, pero nagawa nilang matagpuan. Maybe they took it from the other leaders? Until now I don't know, even the history of the last war when the four cities got separated. Napailing-iling nalang ako. I pointed my burning right hand at his direction. Kahit ano pang sabihin n'ya, hindi ako babalik sa kanila.

“No.” I said with emphasis.

They will only use me, again.

“What do you mean? You're saying no because you like being a criminal instead of being part of the government? Huh Ophiuchus? oh, but I think you're forgetting something. Sa amin ka,” he said and grinned. I clenched my fist, the flames went out.

“You are still Failed Experiment 0103, and you need to serve the government, am I right Secretary?” They looked at me like I'm some sort of spiciest. I'm just a failed experiment, but have the title of a secretary.

However, he shouldn't have mentioned that sensitive topic to me. I felt my Lacrima on my back letting out its energy.

“I'm sick of all the people calling me names! I am not Ophiuchus, I am not Failed Experiment 0103, I am not the Mayor's Secretary. I'm Elizabeth Villanda! A citizen of North Herlanion City! I lost my human rights! You all ruined my life!” I roared.

I became the monster that they want me to be. Being an Experiment of the Lacrima means more power, but less life. Wala na akong itatagal. Unti-unti akong kakainin ng Lacrima na nasa likod ko.

The last thing I want to do now, is to prevent them for going after those criminals and the kids. I will do my best to stop them, even if it kills me.

“The Mayor is finding a way to make you useful. Can't you see? Some people are useless, they don't have the benefits this city needs. That includes you.” My mouth opened in disbelief.

“How dare you!” I threw fire at them.

People are born to find their purpose. Hindi sila ang magdidikta non. And I was just a kid when they took me, how can he say I'm useless?!

“Truth hurts?” I looked at the girl who spoke somewhere behind them.

Tinutok nila ang espada nila sakin. I threw a ball of fire to them, they swung their sword and brush away my flames. I was the one who introduced them to Nolan, without me they wouldn't be here. It's true when someone you know doesn't have the same beliefs, will go against you just to say they pick the right way.

I attacked them while flying up in the air. A few people are still here and watching us like there's a live action movie in front of them.

Swoosh

I stopped when Nolan appeared infront of me. He jumped this high just to try cutting my head off. I managed to dodge his sword but up comes another Executor. My right wing got damaged a little bit, so I decided to fly down and join the crowd of people watching.