Chapter 33

Someone's POV

All the citizens that went to Public Herlanion Park are now passed a sleep. But the Executioners, Mayor and the Government officials got out immediately before the sleeping gas would affect them.

They have prepared their air purifying respirator for themselves, but didn't gave the citizens some assistants. They left them behind and got out to catch up with the criminals but later on got disappointed.

“They got away again!” Nolan said in anger as he saw that there was no sign of the group anywhere when they got out of the huge smoke.

He gritted his teeth, clenched his fist, and threw away his mask.

“Search them!” Nolan commanded to the Government Guards.

They followed his command and left to go search for the group. Nolan caressed his forehead because of the stress that he felt. He was so close on killing the Hunter, but now she's also gone. He was excited also for Hunter's execution. The thrilled that he felt vanish and replaced with pure rage.

“Damn it!” he said beneath his breath while Kipton settled behind him, controlling his own anger as well.

“You all did great tonight. I know you'll catch them as soon as possible, you have my hopes,” Mayor Malcolm calmly said. Nolan and Kipton bowed when the Mayor came in front of them.

They heaved a sigh.

“We lost two loyal Executioners, Mayor,” Kipton announced and clenched his fist.

“Gone too soon. May they rest in peace,” when the Mayor said that, the two Executioners closed their eyes, giving short prayers for Hadley and Ophelia.

They will never forgive the criminals who killed them.

“They were very strong Executioners, but now gone because of those garbage criminals,” Nolan altered with despised.

“Keep on searching for the Midnight Hunters. Do it for your comrades and for our society to be free from criminals like them,” Mayor Malcolm said with authority.

Both Nolan and Kipton saluted to him.

“You can count on us Mayor!” the two said with conviction.

“Very well,” he then turned to face the guards.

“Clean up the mess, get those people out of the park. Take them back to where they came from,” Mayor Malcolm said coldly.

“Masusunod Mayor!” they bowed like his some sort of god.

They worship him and gave their full respect. How did Malcolm got the praises from the citizens of North Herlanion City?

Well, he has shown kindness, and everything they see in him is all about his good deeds. He's an angel in their eyes, plus the looks that he have is so deceiving. A tall, white and handsome man. He's smile can give you assurance that he will never abandon you. Sometimes they feel controlled, sometimes they can feel like there's a leash attached to them. But if they try to bark, the leash will get tight.

Anyone who disobey him, shall torment.

“I'M SORRY to be late Mayor,” the secretary entered his office.

Malcolm is now back in the palace, only him and his secretary are the ones who are tough of running the city. The councilors are gone, all thanks to that one person who massacred the whole Government Councilors with one bomb.

Malcolm sighed.

“Kindly prepare the names of the suited positions for the government councilors,” he ordered.