Say You Wont Let Go (Hijikata Toshiro)

Start from the beginning

Hijikata didn't answer— was he hurt? Sure, he loved Mitsuba but it had been years since he expressed that emotion after all. What even really is love if he never got the chance to spend proper time with her before she went to a place he couldn't follow?

"Who were you cursing at? Did you get dumped?" Hijikata easily changed the topic— and at his lead, she just shrugged.

"Just a bastard." She glances at Hijikata and sighs, "A piece of advice, never trust a pretty boy's face." She grunted, shaking her head disappointedly.

Hijikata was now puzzled— what exactly was she talking about?

"Ah, well....Enough about that! That's not important right now! My name's (Y/N), what's your name mister? Let's be friends!"

Hijikata glanced at her, her friendly smile,  those beautiful eyes and that hand that reached out to him— in his time of darkness. Smiling softly, he held her hand and shook it softly,

"Sure, let's be friends. My name's Hijikata Toshiro."

He didn't even know what it was that made him agree to be friends with a stranger that seemingly fell out of nowhere. Was it the alchol? Was it his swirling emotions that he couldn't control? His impulsiveness? His desire to just move on with his life? Bisha-chan's influence?

We will never know.

(Y/N) lightly gasped when she saw Hijikata's lips tug up and she blinked her eyes and examined him closely.

"Oh? This is dangerous....you're quite a handsome man, Hijikata-san!"

and that one simple comment made Hijikata blush.

Then you smiled over your shoulder
For a minute, I was stone-cold sober
I pulled you closer to my chest
And you asked me to stay over
I said, I already told ya
I think that you should get some rest

After their encounter, Hijikata found out that (Y/N) ran her own accounting firm. Apparently, she was a former strategist— and someone, shockingly for Hijikata, was acquainted with Sakata Gintoki. Soon, Kondo found out and invited (Y/N) to work for the Shinsengumi part-time, because apparently the Shinsengumi's funds keep disappearing into weapons and anpans for some sort of mysterious reasons.

On times that Gintoki had successfully gotten (Y/N) drunk as hell, Hijikata had always comes to pick her up and take her home. Partly was due to the fact that he hated having the silver haired sugar freak around his lovely (Y/N).

"Oh! Look who walked in— it's the Mayonnaise Monster!"

Gintoki's childish laughter fills the almost-empty bar while (Y/N)'s head was slumped against the counter, fast-asleep.

"Move over," Hijikta kicked Gintoki out of his seat and made a bee-line towards (Y/N), carefully taking her into his arms before exiting the bar. "This is why I told you to never trust that idiot, he gets drunk every single day and tries to drag you out with him every single night!"

Hijikata kept nagging like a worried mother, but (Y/N) was fast asleep in his arms— using his chest as a pillow.

"It's because I know you'll always come to pick me up, Toshi." (Y/N) mumbles softly in her sleep, burying her face deeper into his chest with a satisfied smile.

Hijikata blushed, hurriedly looking down to see if she noticed the redness of his cheeks— before exhaling in relief when he sees her eyes shut close,

".....Idiot, how long do you think I'll do this for!"