Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

"What about Miles? He knew what happened, he had pictures and he told everyone it was me."

The Alpha had looked a lot more calm and civilised throughout this conversation however once I mentioned Miles his face began to contort with anger and annoyance. "I have dealt with that."

Wincing slightly as I remembered how he had 'dealt' with that I pressed further. "He had pictures though, your pack members know there were pictures."

While the Alpha for whatever reason may overlook his cousin's death- which still baffles me and is difficult to rationalise- that didn't mean his pack members would. They know what I did and might try to get revenge.

Though the Alpha was close to me, he inched closer and cupped my face. His touch was gentle and soft. "There's only one person that knows about the pictures, I made sure that he didn't divulge too much detail in front of the others."

Why? Why did he do that?

These burning questions were at the tip of my tongue. I wanted an explanation for his action and I wanted to know why he was doing this but I also didn't want to mess this good situation up with my curiosity.

I was unable to ask the questions so instead I said this. "Thank you."

His thumb stroked my cheeks and warmth radiated throughout my body from his touch. I wanted to lean into his touch, my heart was telling me that it would be okay and I should do this whereas my brain scolded me for even considering it.

"I understand that this may be difficult for you and you can stop at any time. I need you to tell me what happened."

I nodded as I detached myself from him so I could collect my thoughts. I was going to do it, I was going to pretend I had been assaulted and use someone else's pain as mine.

Lying about rape or sexual assault was sickening and I felt horrible with what I was going to do next but I have no choice right? I wasn't doing this for the wrong reason, I was doing this to survive.

"I..I...erm." I couldn't pretend that I'm a victim of rape. It felt as though I was demeaning and belittling all the real victims.

The look of encouragement from the Alpha didn't help either. Why was he being a decent person now when I was about to be the complete opposite?

"It happened in my kitchen." My mind decided to show me an image of the kitchen and where I had found Cami. I shook my head trying to remove the picture from my thoughts.

Come on Nala, you can do this!

I had practiced this on the night it had happened, I had a back up plan to ensure the blame fell on me and not Cami if we ever got caught. I repeated those words over and over again until I was able to reiterate it without any mistakes so why couldn't I do it now?

"Cami was..." I started to say before stopping. Shit, where was Cami again? Was I going to say she was at home but in the shower or outside?

I can't do this now. If I start telling him this fake story I would make a lot of mistakes or say things he could easily pick up on and discredit. I was panicking and that wasn't good. I have to tell the story with a cool head so no mistakes or inconsistencies were made.

"I don't want to talk about this right now." This time my words were firm and strong.

"I need to know exactly what happened."

And I need to make sure my story works and there are no holes in it!

I nodded as I thought of what to say next. Should I say I would tell him tomorrow? I could use the time between now and tomorrow to remember the plan and story, think of any questions he may ask and come up with the answers for them.

I was about to suggest tomorrow when the Alpha began talking. "I know why you are hesitant to tell me."

You do?

"I'm not going to make you do anything right now."

Oh thank God!

"However I need to know what happened so you will speak to someone else."

"Who?"

"A counsellor. I'll have one ready for tomorrow."

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter 

Do you agree with what Nala is doing? 

Let me know what you think is going to happen next

To read ahead please go to www.patreon.kayy_b 

Thank you for reading! 

-Kayy xx