Chapter 29 - Ryder

I couldn't sleep. Not after seeing Lacey all banged up like that. Not that I should care about her wellbeing after what she had done to us. After she had humiliated me in front of the whole school. Lyndsay was right; she was nothing but a common whore who no doubt wanted nothing more than to snare a rich boy to secure her future. Well, little girl, I would make sure that it wouldn't be one of us. I had tried to keep Lacey away from Matt, for my selfish reasons, now laughed that he was so foolish that he couldn't see what she was doing. Good luck to him, I thought bitterly, the other shoe will drop soon. Even as I thought it, I couldn't help the jealousy and rage that flowed freely through my veins at the thought of her being with him or the fury and possessiveness that threatened to drown me every time I saw them together. The same rage that lit my skin on fire this morning when she turned the light on in her room. I shouldn't have sympathy for her, but I couldn't help it. I didn't like that someone else had hurt Lacey. No, Lacey was mine and mine alone to hurt. She had broken my heart and deserved everything that came her way.

I didn't bother going back to my room to try and sleep after leaving Lacey's room, even though I had been up all night waiting for her return. There was no point when my alarm would be going off in a few short hours for school anyway. So instead, I went downstairs to the home gym and took my aggression and hate out on the punching bag until I was so exhausted that I could barely stand and then pushed myself to keep punching for another twenty minutes. I took a quick shower to wash the sweat and body aches away before downing a quick cup of scolding hot coffee before heading to school. It was still early, but I didn't want to be in the house with Lacey another second.

Pulling my HQ GTS Monaro in beside Wests Dodge Ram, I let out an infuriated sigh when I saw Lyndsay waiting for me, surrounded by her fake friends. All of whom were trying their hardest to get the attention of West, Saint and Lawson and failing miserably. "I missed you last night, Ry. Why didn't you reply to any of my texts" Lyndsay whines in a baby voice as I approach the group, instantly getting on my nerve with how clingy she was. Something that I had overlooked before.

Until I met Lacey, I thought Lyndsay loved me and just needed me. The truth was she just needed control of me. To make sure I was doing what she wanted me to be doing and at all times. "I was busy. Come on, guys," I said, dismissing Lyndsay without a second glance, earning me the bird and shrill squeal of frustration. "Couldn't sleep?" Saint questions in a droll voice. Looking at him as we walk towards the school entrance, I can see the same tired eyes glancing back. It was apparent that none of us slept last night after Lacey had left for work. "I think Lacey was beaten up last night," I say through gritted teeth. Lawson grabs my arm, effectively halting me in my tracks. "What did you just say" he mutters in a predatory voice. I think out of all of us; Lawson was hit the hardest with Lacey's betrayal. The crazy bastard was in love with her.

Judging by his reaction, I would hazard a guess that he still was. Just as I finish telling the guys what happened, Lacey's BMW pulls into the parking lot, Fed Up by Ghostemane pumping through the speakers. Once the song ends, Lacey climbs out of the car, fiddling with her phone as soon as she spots us. Moments later, Matt pushes past us and rushes towards where Lacey is leaning against her car. It kills me to see the relief on her face as soon as Matt stands beside her, so I turn and stomp away, leaving West, Lawson and Saint glaring at them.

I can't concentrate in any of my classes, I keep finding myself staring at Lacey, and as if she can feel my eyes on her, she turns slowly in her chair, a frown on her face as her eyes find mine. The frown quickly morphs into a pissed off expression as she glances sideways and sees Lyndsay's hands making their way under my desk, where she grabs for my cock. I haven't been able to get it up for her since I met Lacey, but the thrill of her jealousy sends a jolt straight to my balls, and I feel myself hardening against Lyndsay's palm, much to her delight.

LaceyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara