Chapter 16 - Lacey

The closer it got to the junior prom the more my nerves were frayed. I didn't want to go, but it didn't stop the guys from asking me incessantly to be their date to it. Ryder had even suggested that we go as a group if I was incapable of choosing between them. To be honest that was most likely the only way I was going to go, if we all went together. It was apparent that they were not going to ask anyone else, and I just wanted them to stop putting flowers in my locker and leaving notes under my door each morning.

The only one of the guys who hadn't asked me was Saint. Not that I ever in a million years expected him to. The kiss we shared was short and sweet, but I couldn't help feel hurt what had followed it, when he had looked at me like I had slapped him and then ran off. Since then he hadn't said more than two words to me, but he didn't make any more snarky comments either so it was a win in a round about way. Saint would however, grab my bag from Ryders car each morning without a word and sat beside me every lunch in the cafeteria.

I didn't know what to think of his behavior honestly. Ryder, West and Lawson were a lot more open with their personal feelings towards me. And when I say that Saint would sit beside me at lunch, what I really mean to say is beside Lawson with me perched in his lap and Saint sitting beside us. Lawson was very hands on still, and I have to admit I was starting to enjoy it and actually miss it when he had something to do. Over the weeks it just felt natural for him to be in my space.

Oh god, I think I am falling for these guys. I was hesitant with my feelings towards them, though, as I was starting to fall for Matt too. No matter how many times they punched him or severely threatened him he would always be in the library to tutor me and would always be there for me when I needed him. I just wish the guys would leave him alone, he really was a nice guy. Matt wasn't just sweet and funny he was seriously smart too, the way he as able to explain math so that I could understand it was amazing.

"So, have you thought about going to the prom," Matt asks one afternoon while we are studying, a slight blush creeping over his attractive face. I put down my pen and look up into his gorgeous blue eyes "Why? Are you going?"I reply with one eyebrow raised in question."Well, I was hoping to go with you," he counters. When I don't reply straight away he continues "That's if you would go with me that is Lacey. I don't mean to imply you have to go with me or anything" he continues, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "It's not that I wouldn't go with you Matt" I reply, reaching forward and grabbing his large hand in mine "It is just that Ryder, Lawson, Saint and West are relentless with the idea of me going with them as a group. I genuinely don't even know if I want to go yet. I have never been to a dance before and am not sure it is really my scene. But if I do go, I would love to dance with you Matt," I reply, feeling guilty for not giving him the answer he wanted. "If your date doesn't mind that is," I continue hastily, I have no doubt that there are many girls in this school who would be falling over themselves to have a chance to go to the prom with Matt.

Recently I was getting more harassment for hanging out with not only Ryder and the guys but for also being a slut for apparently dominating Matt's attention also. I don't know how these bitches thought guys showing me attention and not them was somehow my fault, all I did was exist. If anything I had spent weeks trying to brush the guys off and asked them more than once to leave me alone. I resigned myself to the fact that that was not going to happen and had slowly grown used to it being the new norm for me. "If I am not going with you Lacey, I am not going to ask anyone else. I would love to dance with you too," Matt states, suddenly shy. This guy, argh he made every part of me melt and I wished that Ryder would just leave him alone. If he did, I would seriously consider taking things further with him. In a way he reminded me of Dane. A solid, warm foundation that didn't judge me nor push me for more than I could offer. They were both white knights in shining armor. Ones I didn't think I deserved.

When Matt dropped me at home after our study session, I couldn't help but lean over and kiss his cheek "Thank you so much for your help Matt" I say honestly, noting how his breath hitched when I didn't immediately move my hand from his thigh as I leant across the center console of his car. I didn't like leading him on but felt that he deserved to be shown the very least amount of affection for his ongoing support. "Any time Lacey," he exclaimed, a cute blush stealing over his cheeks. Before I comprehended what was happening my door was wrenched open and I was being dragged out of the car by a furious Ryder. "Get the fuck off my property," he snapped at Matt, murder in his eyes. "Fuck you, Ryder," Matt hissed in return. Wriggling out of Ryder's hold I gently close the car door with an exasperated sigh. "I'm sorry Matt. Text you later, ok" I whispered anxiously as I watched him put his car into gear and reverse out of our driveway.

"What the fuck Ryder? You have got to stop doing that," I hissed. "And that fuckhead has got to stop touching what is mine," he counters with a thunderous expression. "I don't belong to you Ryder. I am not an object you can merely possess just because you believe you are entitled to. If you like me, say so. Stop with the fucking caveman bullshit and man up or fuck off," I reply bluntly, storming into the house with Ryder hot on my heels.

I try slamming my bedroom door, but Ryder is too fast as he wedges his boot to stop it from closing, the look on his face has me dropping my bag onto the floor and backing up slowly. He doesn't say anything he just stalks towards me, his jaw ticking in anger. The backs of my legs bump up against my bed and I realize I have nowhere to go. Ryder just smirks at me, a predatory gleam in his eyes. Without warning he lifts me up like a doll and tosses me onto the bed, within seconds he is on top of me, pinning me down with his muscular body.

"Make no mistake sweetheart. You. Are. Mine. I have wanted you since the first time I saw you. You are all I can think about. Every night I go to bed with the hardest cock, pictures of you burning into my dreams. I jack off at least twice a day like a tween who has just discovered what his cock is for. Fuck sweetheart, I even jack off at school like some sick pervert when I catch a glimpse of you in the hall in this infuriating uniform that hugs your sexy body like a glove," he says, forcibly pulling my school skirt over my hips to expose my lacy underwear so he can cup my pussy in his warm hand. "So excuse fucking me if I get twisted when I see you hanging out with a shit stain like Matt" he seethes, sitting up so he is now straddling me.

I see red when he insults Matt so I don't hesitate to slap him as hard as I can across the face. I still as soon as I do, my hand going numb from the force of it. If Ryder looked angry before, he looks down right furious now. He reaches one hand up and swipes the blood from his lip with his thumb and without blinking he grips my throat in his other hand, squeezing until I can't breathe. I turn to stone beneath him, watching the rage burn behind his eyes. Fuck. Why did I have to go and do that?

Ryder licks the blood off his finger and then reaches between us and rips my panties from my body. "Do you know what happens to bad girls Lacey," he whispers in my ear. I can't reply because he still has one hand wrapped tightly around my throat so I just shake my head. Mirth dances in his eyes "Bad girls get fucked. Hard," he hisses as he makes quick work of releasing his rock hard cock from the confines of his pants. I must be fucked in the head because his words have me so wet that I am sure there is a puddle beneath me. The way he is dominating me makes my head spin, that and the lack of air. I know it is wrong to want my stepbrother and even worse to be turned on right now but I can't help myself, I push my hips up to meet his, trying to desperately to get some friction.

Ryder smirks cruelly at my attempt and releases his grip on my throat. He grabs me around the waist and tosses me so that I am laying face down. He shoves a pillow under my hips and enters me so quickly that I let out a strangled moan. "You love that don't you sweetheart. You love me dominating you. Filling you with everything I have," he continues, snapping his hips back and forth at a punishing pace, hitting my g-spot with every single thrust. "Yes", I hiss out between clenched teeth "Yes I love it you asshole." Ryder grabs my ponytail in a vice-like grip, forcing my back to arch and my head to bend painfully towards him. "Do you know how many times I have fantasised about doing this Lacey? Grabbing your lucious locks as I slammed my cock into you," he questions on a pant.

"Nothing could have prepared me for the real deal, though. No, this is so much better than any of my fantasies. Your cunt was made for me. The way it grips my cock and squeezes it. You. Are. Mine. Lacey. I am going to make you cum so hard that you won't think of anyone else's cock but mine," he continues relentlessly. And fuck me if his dirty words don't go straight to my pussy. The pillow rubbing my clit in the perfect way as I grind against it every time Ryder slams his huge cock back into me.

It isn't long before I can feel my core tightening and my toes curling. When the orgasm hits me, I can barely breathe, I have never felt anything so intense in my life and it doesn't take Ryder long before his breathing increases and he pulls out, white ropes of cum coating my ass as he releases his seed all over me with a satisfied smirk on his face. When he is done, he releases his grip on my ponytail and then rubs his cum into my backside like a possessive jerk. Turning around I slap him as hard I can again "Don't ever do that to me again," I warn. I don't care how much I wanted it, nobody gets away with treating me as a possession. "Now get the fuck out of my room Ryder," I hiss, storming to my bathroom to shower and process my thoughts on what just happened.

Of course, by morning, I wake up with Ryder curled around me. "Morning sweetheart," he whispers in my ear. Fuck me, his Jekyll and Hyde switches were doing my head in. But fuck if I secretly didn't love it.

Saturday, I had my first shift at Ellas Hotel, I didn't know how I didn't put two and two together with the name of the most prestigious hotels in the world and Saint's last name before now. It was a huge relief to be working at an upscale hotel at the service desk instead of working in some seedy bar. Not that the guys liked me working at all, they had spent the morning trying to talk me out of it, claiming that they were more than capable of taking care of me. Which infuriated me. They didn't seem to grasp the concept of wanting to make my own money to support my stepsisters or that I needed an occupation to keep me from going insane with their incessant attention.

The day went quick, and I found myself thoroughly enjoying the job and learning everything I could about the day to day management of the motel. It was also nice to able to talk to someone other than Ryder and his friends, even if my co-worker was at least thirty years older than me. She was a lovely lady who didn't hesitate to answer all of my questions and to offer assistance when I needed it. I couldn't wait for my first pay check, I was sure the girls were going to be over the moon when they received new clothes. To be honest I missed them terribly.

Exhausted after my first shift I was surprised to find Saint waiting for me when it was over. And even more surprised when he opened the car door for me. "Thanks Saint. I really appreciate the lift and for getting me the job" I stated as I put my seat belt on. Saint didn't reply, he just turned the radio on and drove me home in silence. He really was a funny guy, not in the ha-ha sense but in the way he acted. It seemed liked he hated me but he also did nice things for me like pick me up after work. It seems Jekyll and Hyde was a persona that more than one of them had adopted.

Pulling into the driveway and turning the car off Saint reached over to me before I had the chance to get out, clasping my hand in his much larger one. "You are more than welcome Lace," he said simply before releasing my hand and getting out of the car, confusing the hell out of me with not only his words but his actions too. Did Saint just willingly touch me. The thought freaked me out a little to be honest. Every time I looked at him and caught him looking at me I only assumed it was with distaste at my presence. Being trailer trash and all. But now, I didn't know what to think and that threw me for a loop.

Once inside I heard Ryder, West, Lawson and Saint before I saw them. They were being obnoxiously loud and laughing at something on the T.V. Making my way into the room Lawson bounds up to me, wrapping me in his arms before lowering us to the lounge. "Check out the news story Kitten. It's so fucking gross that it's cool as fuck," he says with a snort of laughter. Turning away from him, I look up at the giant T.V as the news reporter drones on about a drunks body being discovered a few weeks ago in my home town. Apparently a tree lopping company had found his body, parts of it anyway, early one morning. The news reported that he had been so drunk that he had somehow ended up in a tree mulcher, the local police department stating it as terrible accident and a closed case. "Gross hey" Lawson whispered in my ear as he pulled me closer to his body. When the reporter got to the part where they had finally identified the body and flashed his photo on screen my whole body went still, the blood rushing to my ears.

"NOOOOOOOOOO," I screamed hysterically. I was not upset that my sick fuck of a stepfather was dead, no I was upset that it had been almost two weeks and it suddenly made sense why I had not heard from my mother and knew that the twins would no longer be in her care. The guys all stopped what they were doing and rushed to my side. "Baby, what's wrong" West asked, concern etched on his face? "That's my stepfather," I croak, unable to say much more. Before I can explain that my heartache is not for him my phone rings in my backpack on the floor. Pulling out of Lawson's embrace, I quickly find it and answer "Did you do this," I sob, wanting Dane to confirm my suspicions. "I am so sorry you had to find out this way babygirl," Dane says in a small voice. "Dane, did you do this" I scream almost in hysterics. I need to hear him say it. "Yes" he answers."Yes I did it, Lacey, he was a piece of shit who deserved to die," he growls. "Where are my sisters Dane? Did you think of that," I stammer, unbearable pain ripping though my chest at the thought of them being left alone with my mother. "Your sisters are in care with a wonderful family baby. I have already gone to visit them. For once in their lives they have clean clothes and won't have to fear where their next meal is coming from. The carers have given me their number to pass onto you. They know you want to stay in their lives, and they are happy for you to do that," he continues. "I'm so sorry Lacey. I didn't do this to upset you." Taking a deep breath I reply "I know you did it for the right reasons Dane but I just can't talk to you right now. I need time to process this. I love you."

Before he has time to reply I hang up and drop to the floor, hugging my knees to my chest as I let the tears fall. "Holy fuck" Lawson states as he comes to sit beside me "Did he do what I think he did". Instead of replying I just nod my head "Fucker is crazier than me, I will allow the extra man in your harem. Colour me impressed" he whistles. Now is not the time to laugh, but I can't help it. A deep belly laugh makes its way up my throat. Lawson was a special brand of crazy and I loved him for it. When I can't laugh anymore and my cheeks hurt Ryder joins us on the floor, pulling me onto his lap. "Was that the fucker who" he can't seem to finish his sentence, and I don't want him to. The memories of what that monster did to me and what he took from me are not something I want to discuss with everyone in the room. "Yes" I reply quickly, shame eating away at me. "I am glad he is dead then because I am not sure that I wouldn't have done the same thing sweetheart," he continues, running his large hand soothingly down my back until I fall asleep in his arms.