Chapter 26 - Lawson

"I can't fucking do this, man", I whine to West for the millionth time as I watch Lacey storm back into the house. "I can't let her go", I continue. West turns back around, grabbing me by the front of my shirt. "You saw the video Law. She is nothing but a whore. I thought we had something special with her, but she threw that in our fucking faces on what was supposed to be a special night, no fucking less. I mean, you were going to fucking propose to her that night, and instead of being with us, she snuck off to fuck some jerk in the science lab," he spits with so much venom that I shrink away from him. All my fight is gone after taking my rage out on Dylan for touching lacey. He will be lucky if he ever walks again. "I know. That doesn't mean I like it West. I love Lacey, and it hurts in here," I reply, thumping my fist over my heart. "I have never felt like this about anyone before, and I just can't let her go. I won't" I continue with conviction, my words coming out a slur from all the alcohol I have consumed. Since the night of the prom, I have tried to drink my feelings away and take harder drugs to dull the pain in my chest. I had never been one for anything harder than marijuana before, but I felt like my life was spiralling out of control without Lacey in it. My father had threatened to cut me off and freeze my trust fund if I came home off my head one more time, and the school was threatening to suspend me if I picked any more fights with other students. West lets go of my shirt and pulls me in for a swift one arm hug. "I know Law. I feel the same. It fucking hurts. Let's go get fucked up and forget that she exists," he says with a small smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes.

I may not be the sanest guy of the bunch, but I knew when my friends were hurting, they tried to hide it, but I could see through their macho bullshit. At least West could admit his feelings for Lacey. The other two never would openly do that. No, in the last week, Saint had become drier and more withdrawn, not wanting to talk or participate in anything we did, and Ryder had become a raging asshole who was quick to anger. He was angry at everything and everyone. None of us could stand Lyndsay and her bitch squad hanging around, but Ryder kept inviting her over every weekend and insisted she sit with us at lunchtime. He kept insisting he was giving her another chance because it was what his mother wanted and due to the long history they shared, but I knew the truth. I could see the twinkle in his eye every time he caught Lacey glaring at him. He was using her as a way to get under Lacey's skin. It was working well. I hated seeing the light behind the kitten's eyes die a little more every time she saw Ryder and Lyndsay together. Lyndsay could see it too and used it to her advantage often. She was too dumb or so fucked in the head that she didn't care that she was being used. She was just happy as a pig in shit to have another chance to get her claws back into Ryder and his millions. It was pathetic watching her simp over him even though he would push her away forcefully the moment Lacey wasn't looking.

I have tried to talk to the guys several times about my suspicious feelings about the video and its authenticity. I couldn't, wouldn't, believe that Lacey was capable of hurting us so badly when she knew what she meant to us. Entering the pool house again, I am instantly sought out by one of Lyndsay's skank friends, wearing nothing but her bikini bottoms. "Hey stud, looking for some fun tonight", she purrs, running her long pink claws down my chest. I grab her hands roughly and push her away, making her gasp in surprise that I would reject her advances. "Fuck off slut", I snarl. "I'm a taken man, and if you don't get the fuck out of the pool house now, I will forcefully fucking remove you". She stares at me with her mouth open, unable to comprehend what I am saying. "Are you for real?" she screams hysterically. "I was going to pity fuck you. You are nothing but a weirdo that everyone is scared of. I wouldn't touch you with a ten-foot pole if I wasn't half-drunk", she continues, her voice getting louder and louder. I am about to lose my shit when Saint walks over and gets up in her face. "Who the fuck do you think you are? Coming in here and disrespecting Lawson like that. He is one hundred times the person you are. He is better than any person at this party. If anyone were going to be getting a pity fuck, it would be you. But not by one of us. Get the fuck out of here," Saint says in a deadly cold and detached voice. When the girl still doesn't take the hint, Saint raises his voice, "GET. THE. FUCK. OUT. OF HERE. NOW. ALL OF YOU," He bellows, making people scatter left, right and centre at Mr Cool losing it. I don't think I have ever heard Saint raise his voice before, and I have to admit, it is pretty scary.

Lyndsay looks towards Ryder with a pout on her blown up trout lips. "Surely Saint doesn't mean me", she whines in a baby voice that gets on my nerves. "If Saint said to get the fuck out, I assure you, Lyndsay, he means everyone", he replies, tossing her coat towards her. Lyndsay lets the coat fall to the floor, steam practically coming out of her ears. "All this for some little whore", she screams, pegging her slutty thigh high boots that she was holding at Ryder's head, narrowly missing him. Who the fuck wears thigh highs and a dress that barely covers your exposed, worn-out pussy to a fucking pool party anyway? "Bye, Felicia," I say sarcastically as she stomps past me, earning me a scathing look from the drama queen.

"Fuck my life", Ryder screams as he smashes a bottle of Jack Daniels against the wall in a fury. "It is your own doing, Ryder", I snap. "Why the fuck do you take Lyndsay's word for anything? She is a conniving cunt". "Because Lawson, she has never lied to me before, and we both saw the fucking video", he bellows in rage. I can't deal with his bullshit right now, so I leave the pool house and head inside the mansion.

I have no idea where I am going or what I am doing but find myself outside Lacey's door in no time. I am so drunk that I fall against her frame with a loud thud. I don't try and right myself; instead, I sink to the floor, put my hands over my face, and allow the pent-up tears to flow. Grabbing the pocket knife out of my jeans, I start making small cuts along my arm to try and erase the pain in my chest. The door behind me suddenly opens, and I tumble into Lacey's bedroom. "Oh my god, Lawson, what is wrong? What are you doing?" she cries out when she sees the blood dripping down my arm. Lacey snatches the blade out of my hands and pulls me to my feet. "Lawson, please don't hurt yourself", she begs. "Come on, let me clean you up". I don't deserve her kindness but can't deny wanting to be in her presence so allow her to drag me into her bathroom to clean and dress the numerous cuts. "You are wasted, Lawson, come on, let's get you in bed so you can sleep it off," she says softly, making me hate myself even more for the way we have been treating her. She is too good for us. So kind and pure that I know someone like me would only taint her, but again I can't bring myself to deny what my heart wants, so I follow her slowly back to her bed with my head hung low.

Pathetically, I start crying again when Lacey helps me peel out of my filthy, blood-covered clothing and pulls the blanket back for me. I know she said that I have no right to touch her, but I can't help but lace my fingers with hers and hope like hell that she doesn't reject me. I couldn't handle it if she did. To my amazement, she gives my fingers a little squeeze and then shuts off the lamp on her bedside table. "I love you, kitten", I whisper as sleep starts to take me under, the first time I have been able to sleep in days. As I slip into unconsciousness, I am certain I hear kitten reply, "I love you too, you crazy bastard". Maybe it is wishful thinking, but I fall asleep with a smile on my face, certain that things will work out right in the end.

Thank you to everyone who leaves comments and writes reviews on my stories xoxo Without your support I don't think I would continue writing. Every single comment gives me the courage to continue, so thank you from the bottom of my heart xoxo

I have also started a Facebook group (Kristel Anne - Story discussion group) and would LOVE to have discussions with everyone about the stories and to also see how everyone pictures each character. If you are interested I would be more than happy to put update alerts etc on there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/733929883981080/?ref=sharee also. See you on FB my friends xoxo