-Part 20-

The faint mumble of two people having a conversation grabbed his attention. Sun opened his eyes and took in his surroundings. His and Moon's was the same as he remembered, but he didn't know how he got there.

Sun recalled everything step by step, the raceway, the elevator, the burned restaurant, the hole, the kid, the atmosphere of pure rage. He put a metal hand over his mouth.

"I love you, so much."

Sun realized they had salvaged his remains and was able to rebuild their body. Sun looked at the two people talking. "What happened?" He questioned. The two employees looked over at him. "Good, he's awake. You remember the fire?" Sun nodded. "Yea, we were able to rebuild you and Moon." And? He looked over to the other side of the room. There sat a night themed animatronic, eyes pitch black. Shut off.

Sun gasped. "Is that.." One of the employees grinned. "Yup. The manual was burned in the fire and we couldn't figure out how the switch thing worked, so, we rebuilt you both separately." Sun was amazed at him design, he'd only ever seen scribbled children drawings depicting Moon. "We're gettin' ready to turn him on, right now." The other employee spoke.

I can't wait untill Yn heard about this- His elation from getting to actually meet Moon was quickly smothered by the crushing weight of his lover being dead. "Were there any," he choked on the word. "Bodies...in the fire."

The atmosphere was soiled by the question. The employee who spoke first turned to him with a solemn expression. "Yea, in Freddy's chest cavity, he had died from over heating. He want able to get out because the metal had melted it together." Sun was shocked at the detail the employee felt the need to add. "That kid..anyone else?" He asked, confused. "No, just the little boy." The other employee took the chance to mention something. "I think you'd find it interesting that we found you sorta hugging, somethin', funny, that." They said, fiddling with some chords on the back of Moon's head.

His eyes flashed red and Moon shot up straight. "Yn!" He shouted. "Uh, no, Alec." The employee said. "Oh, where are th-" He cut himself off, making eye contact with Sun. He awkwardly grinned and sort of waved. Moon continued to stare, trying to figure out what was going on. "We rebuilt you two separately." The employee closest to Sun spoke, not wanting to repeat the whole thing once more.

Moon struggled to comprehend it, standing up and walking over to Sun. He looked up at his... brother? Friend? Let's go with friend, for now. "Man, you're uglier than I thought." The employees laughed and Sun was quite offended by the jab, but kept quiet, knowing he didn't have any good comebacks. "I'm only joking. Its weird, though. Seeing you, I mean."

He couldn't disagree with that.

The employees eventually left, still giggling, leaving the two to be able to talk about Yn. "They had to have died in the fire." Moon said, sadly. "The employees said they only found Gregory's remains and said we- I? No, we  We were hugging the air." Moon sat in thought. "Hm, weird," he paused. "Maybe they're not dead?"

Sun questioned the possibility. They had to be, there was no way they could have gotten away before the ceiling collapsed. He shuddered, now remembering what it felt like before he shut off. The memory of the searing pain as his body melted made him cringe. "They have to be dead, our body melted on them, and they couldn't have left before the fire department arrived."

The two sat for a moment. Sun realized just how sad it was and curled into a ball. "I'm sorry." He muttered. "No, no, no, it's not your fault. Don't you dare start with that nonsense." Moon hugged his counterpart from the side and assured him that the situation wasn't as bleak as they had made it seem.

"They would want us to be happy." He said. Sun knew that Moon was trying to make him feel better, but he couldn't knowing that he was hurting inside the same as him.

Sun hugged him, not knowing what else to do. Moon seemed surprised by the sudden embrace but slowly hugged him back. "There's nothing we can do about it, Sunny. It's best we just try and move on." The two pulled from eachother, Sun's gaze down cast. Moon patted his shoulder and retreated to the separate cot on the other side of the room.

"Why do you two look so sad?"

{Say anything about how I ended just ended the chapter like this last chapter, and I'll steal all your good socks}