33 | unconnected loves

"What are you doing? "Haneul asked Jungwon who was folding something very diligently

Haneul asked Jungwon who was folding something very diligently . He looked very diligent, his pursing lips was proof of his perseverance .

"Oh , this ? I want to make a paper ring"
Jungwon simply said with his eyes glued to the paper .

Haneul frowned ,
"Why do you want to make a paper ring ?"

"Let's follow me to the school garden and enjoy the breathtaking view from our tree, it's more fun "

Jungwon shook his head as a response ,
"This ring is very important so I have to prepare it today "

He paused for a while as his hands stopped folding the paper. He softly chuckled to himself before turning his head to Haneul .
"I want to confess to my crush today ,"

"Plushies, flowers and chocolates sound very boring. With this ring, it will be more special because I made it myself "

Haneul is shocked to hear what Jungwon said, she never knew that Jungwon had a crush on someone and he never told Haneul .

She just nodded her head, slowly losing the mood to talk since her heart aches a lot .

Knowing that she confessed to him and Jungwon knows about that but he wants to confess his feelings today makes Haneul feel very sad .

"I was rejected ... "
She murmured to herself, fiddling with her fingers .

"Hey Haneul"
Jungwon tapped Haneul's shoulder .
"I want to borrow your hand"
He saud innocently making Haneul furrowed .

Before Haneul could answer anything, he grabbed Haneul's hand and slipped the paper ring to her finger .

He then raised her finger and grinned ,
"It fits"

Haneul was taken back from his action, she looked towards Jungwon and the boy just innocently smiled while showing her the ring on her finger. Haneul pulled her hand from Jungwon and pulled the ring away .

"Why did you measure the size using my finger ?"

"Use your crush's finger "
She huffed, slamming the paper ring onto the table .

Jungwon chuckled with her behaviours, he took the paper ring and dusted it ,
"I just want to make sure it fits on my crush's finger"

"Then, measure it on your crush's finger . Why use my fingers? "
Haneul muttered, slamming her face on the table .

Jungwon raised his eyebrow, detecting that Haneul was sulking. He grinned to himself for being amused with Haneul.

"Wow, is she pretending not to understand or is she really stupid?"
Jungwon said to himself .

He knocked on the table to get Haneul's attention "Haneul, this paper ring-"

"Back off before I show you my middle finger "
Haneul cut him off .