11 | serenity

“And I say hey !”

“And I say hey !”

”I’m gonna make it smile smile smile away ~”
Haneul sang wholeheartedly while sweeping dry leaves on the school grounds .

"Hmm hmm hmm ~"

"Just smile away , just smile away ~"
She enjoyed the song connected on her ears using her earpods . Sweeping dry leaves is not tiring when she can sing while doing it .

Why does Haneul sweep the dry leaves?  Well, she was caught cheating once again in the exam and Mr Kang punished her for sweeping all the dry leaves in the school grounds after home time .

She swept the dry leaves and scooped them into black plastic and tied them tightly .
After several hours of sweating, she finally completed her punishment.  The girl immediately ran and jumped onto the gazebo, lying on a long bench while wiping her sweat using her sleeve .

"Aish, it's just a simple note. Why are teachers so intolerant? " She muttered to herself .
"It's not like I stole the answer scheme !"

Jungwon who walked past the gazebo immediately ran towards Haneul with two onigiri and two apple juice in his palms .

"Have you completed your punishment ?"

"Look around, it's so shiny like Mr Han's bald head!  I'm very talented at sweeping"
Haneul praised herself .

"Oh, did you bring it for me? ”
Haneul immediately corrected her position, leaning closer to the table when Jungwon placed two onigiri and apple juices in the middle of the table .

Jungwon nodded , he tore up the onigiri's plastik before handing it to Haneul ,
"Eat slowly or you'll choke later"

Haneul nodded like a kid listening for her dad's instructions.  She happily ate the onigiri, too hungry after working hard to clean the school grounds .

Jungwon giggled towards Haneul who ate very greedily. He was sure that she was of course very hungry, the school grounds were very spacious but she managed to clean it without help .

He leaned closer to Haneul, his hand slowly stretched out and reached Haneul's cheek, removing some grains of rice attached to her cheek with his thumb .
"You worked hard, Haneul.  But please, stop cheating during the exam ever again "

Haneul irritated ,
"But why ? I just brought some notes ... It's not the real answers !"

Jungwon pressed his lips together and fixing his eyes on Haneul .
"I hate cheaters , i hate them ."

"So, I want you to be honest.  It's okay if you get a low grade.  It is a learning process "

"There's no point in getting a high result in an exam but you're cheating, "

Haneul nodded, understanding what Jungwon was trying to convey.
"Okay, I understand. But ..."

"But what ?"
Jungwon raised his eyebrows to Haneul , the girl pursed her lips forwards , signalling to the untouched onigiri in Jungwon's palm .