19 | exhausted hopes

"I hate fever, it makes me weak ,"Haneul mumbled

Haneul mumbled. The girl has strong antibodies so she is rarely attacked by disease but this time, her immune system is destroyed .

She pulls the blanket to wrap her whole body and rolling herself in it to be like kimbap .

"Haneul , do you need anything before I go to work? ”
Her dad asked, peeking behind the door .

"No , thank you . I'm doing fine"
She lied even her head feels very heavy but she doesn't want to bother her dad.

Moreover, her dad works as an insurance salesman so he needs to save a lot of energy to serve his clients .

"Alright, if you need anything just call me"

Haneul just hummed, she was too tired to reply with words.  She stayed on the bed with a blanket wrapped around her body, maintaining her warmth .

She wants to sleep but she can't because she feels very hungry .
This is the moment where she is suspicious with her own self who is hungry but does not want to eat .

She got up from her bed and massaged her throbbing head, without further ado she reached for her cigarette and lighter that she placed on her study desk .

The girl dragged her legs and approached her window, opening the window wide and climbed to sit on it .
She let her legs hang and dance to the gentle breeze .

Her house is only two floors and her room is directly facing the sunrise, it is her grandparents' house which they left for her dad before they were gone .

It is not very luxurious and equipped with various italic furniture, it is just comfortable enough for both of them to live together as a shelter .

She put the cigarette on her lips, moving the lighter closer to her cigarette and immediately lit it .

She inhaled a cigarette and exhaled, letting the black smoke fly in the air and be blown away by the wind .

Her eyes glued to the orangish sky, the shadow of Jungwon's face appeared in her mind.  She kept asking herself , should she continue to love Jungwon or move on ?
It's very clear that Jungwon is still not over Yunju .

She is also deadlocked, this is her first time being in a dilemma like this .

Her deep thought disappeared when a mini replica of a hot water balloon floated in front of her .

"What do you see? Hurry up and get it!"
Jungwon's voice startled Haneul.  She looked down and was shocked to see Jungwon who was looking at her from below .

Haneul immediately took the hot water balloon replica, it looks very cute and unique. A red balloon is connected to a piece of paper folded like a basket .

In the basket, there are onigiri, chocolate bars, sweets, and a bottle of banana milk .

"What is this? "
Haneul shouted at Jungwon who was still watching her from below. Jungwon smiled happily, showing off his dimple.
" That's for you , I'm so sorry Haneul !"