12 | cooking and playing

As the sun almost set swallowed by the earth, Haneul walked in her neighborhood while kicking some pebbles on the ground

As the sun almost set swallowed by the earth, Haneul walked in her neighborhood while kicking some pebbles on the ground .

She gazed towards the orangish sky, it looked so mesmerizing.  She smiled and took a deep breath, suddenly aware of how the sky above her changed .

Thinking about Jungwon makes Haneul blushed by herself.  She cupped her cheeks, pinching it hard and kept telling herself to stop dreaming about Jungwon .

He is her class president, her friend.  That's why he always helps her, nothing's else.  He treats everyone like that, absolutely no different .
Haneul sighed in disappointment , she kicked some pebbles again and continued her steps .

As she was walking down the narrow street in her neighbourhood, her eyes glued to an old lady, sitting on an old mat with garlics , onions , eggplants , carrots and many more infront of her , in a baskets .

She tried to sell all her handicrafts but people kept on ignoring her, some of them even looked at her with a disgusted look because of how dirty and shabby the old lady looks like .

Haneul immediately ran towards the old lady, squatting in front of her with a bright smile "Hello ma'am, how much are you selling these are ?"

The old lady smiled widely when someone finally wanted to buy her crops .
"You put it in this basket, then I will weigh it"
She said, handing an empty basket to Haneul .

Haneul immediately picked some garlics and carrots and placed it into the basket . The old lady then weighed it and told her the price as Haneul gladly paid for it .

Before she goes, Haneul gives her hotpacks to the old lady "The weather is getting colder, you should get some rest. Take care, ma'am"

The old lady smiled happily , admiring Haneul's beauty which she praised a lot inside her head .
"Thank you so much , young lady . You're so kind and pretty "

Haneul bowed ninety degrees to her before walking away, she waved to her as the old lady waved back .

Haneul herself doesn't know what she wants to do with garlics and carrots but she guessed, she will think about it later.

Haneul took out a cigarette from her pocket and lit it, it's been a few days she hasn't smoked a cigarette but this time, she's sort of wanting to do so.

But her eyes widened upon seeing Jungwon walking towards her, the girl immediately spit the cigarette out of her mouth and stepped on it to hid her from Jungwon .

"Hey Jungwon ! How small is this world, we found here ? Ha ha ha ha ha—"
She ended her words with awkward laugh .

Jungwon rolled his eyes before pushing Haneul's forehead, flicking her forehead as punishment "You little rascal, do you think I didn't see you smoking just now?"

"I just want to smoke today, just one day !" Haneul pleaded buy Jungwon sternly shook his head .

"Why do you have garlics and carrots with you? "