3 | the sharp cashier

The next morning, Haneul pedaled her bicycle slowly along the road

The next morning, Haneul pedaled her bicycle slowly along the road.  She observed most of the students, parents and adults on their way to work and school .

Having shoulder -length hair makes Haneul comfortable riding a bicycle and doing daily activities .

She stopped at a convenience store and parked her bicycle right next to it . The girl put her hands into her pockets before entering the convenience store.

She approached the candy shelves and reached for a bottle of mint-flavoured chewing gum .

"Great , now, Mr. Kang will not catch me smoking ever again "

"This chewing gum is my lifeline "
She threw the bottle in the air and playfully caught it .

Haneul walked to the checkout counter and placed the chewing gum bottle on the counter . She was about to take her purse but her intentions were interrupted when someone placed two packets of onigiri on the counter and at once pushing away her chewing gum .

Her blood is rising, she most dislikes it when people cut the line ,
"Hey, you cut the line !"

"I'm late for school, let me pay for my things first "
The boy uttered as his head turned to the left, turning his back on Haneul as he was looking for his wallet .

Haneul scoffed in disbelief , she grabbed the boy's sleeve and twisted his body to face her roughly .
"At least tell me the magic word— YOU ?"

Jungwon's lips parted a bit , he couldn't believe that he came across Haneul in the early morning of school .
He pushed Haneul's hand harshly and dusted his sleeve .
"Good it's you, I want to pay first"

"Not that easy , Mr Class President . I arrived first at this counter.  You must follow the line " Haneul fought back .

"Can't you just make this thing simple?  I'm late for school " Jungwon argued .

"Late?  It's just 7 a.m. , still an hour before class starts! "

Jungwon smirked at her ,
"Oh, do you know our schedule? I thought you didn't know our schedule that's why you always skip class "

Haneul clenched her fist ,
"You—"

"Listen , I'm tired of being an unpaid audience here, if you two don't want to give up , I recommend you get out of this convenience store now "
The cashier suddenly exclaimed while massaging his temple .

Haneul glared at Jungwon and purposely bumped his shoulders "I'll pay first"

The cashier nodded, he took the bottle of gum and scanned the barcode.  "The price is— wait ... You ??"

The cashier paused for a while upon seeing Haneul's face . Haneul raised her eyebrow, asking what he was thinking but the cashier seemed to be trying to remember something .

The cashier's eyes got wider when he remembered the important thing, he snapped his fingers and automatically hold Haneul's sleeve.
"You're the 'university girl' who came to buy cigarettes two days ago, right? Why are you in a high school uniform ?!"

"Are you tricking me to get cigarettes ?  Wow, your fake identity card is so realistic ! "

Haneul began to freak out , now she remembers where she once saw his face before .
"THE PAST IS THE PAST, WHY DO YOU WANT TO BRAG IT BACK ?!"

"BUT WOW , I WAS AMAZED ? YOU HAD A PAIR OF SHARP EYES !"

"TELL ME YOUR SECRET , do you always eat carrots to keep your eyes healthy? "

"I might be fired if my manager knew I was selling cigarettes to minors! ”
The cashier tightened his grip on Haneul’s sleeve as the girl gritting her teeth .

"It's your fault for being so straight that it's easy to be deceived "

"WHAT ?!"
The cashier was about to pull Haneul to meet his manager but Haneul suddenly took off her blazer and ran out of the convenience store .

She got on her bicycle and immediately sped away, forgetting her blazer and chewing gums. What matters is, she needs to save herself .

Jungwon gasped in disbelief , he just stared at the cashier who was punching the counter since he missed the cunning Haneul .
"She's causing problems everywhere"

"Unbelievable"

Jungwon pushed his onigiri closer to the desperate cashier .
"I want to pay now"

The cashier sighed and kept doing his job, scanning the items and handing Jungwon the rest of the money .

"Hey , highschool boy "
The cashier called Jungwon as the boy hummed as response .
"Do you know that girl? Which school she go to and which class is she in? "

Jungwon blinked his eyes several times, thinking of an appropriate reply. If he is honest, it will only cause bigger problems.
"I don't know her"

The cashier sighed and frustratedly rubbed his face .
"Oh , alright . Thank you—"

Jungwon bowwd politely to him. The cashier immediately left the counter and entered a room that only staff were allowed to enter.  He went inside to check the CCTV footage , wondering if the CCTV caught Haneul's school badge.

But his eyes got wider when he saw Jungwon reached for Haneul's blazer that he placed on the counter and ran out of the convenience store .

"WAIT— HEY !"
He rushed out of the room and tried to chase Jungwon but thay boy firstly got on his bicycle. 

When Jungwon saw the cashier, he immediately pedaled as fast as possible, leaving the cashier behind with Haneul's blazer in his grip.

"WAIT , YOU DECEIVED ME TOO !"

"YOU ABETTED WITH THAT GIRL, OH GOD I NEED HER BLAZER ! "

"ONCE I GOT BOTH OF YOU , I WILL SELL YOU AS BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ! "

Jungwon speeds up his bike, crossing all the vehicles to arrive at school just in time.  Yes , he doesn't want to be involved with Haneul but if Haneul lost her blazer, Mr Kang will punish her hard because wearing a blazer is something that is mandatory in their school .

Jungwon panted heavily , never once in his life did he ride a bicycle this fast, it was as if he was running for the sake of his life .

"Cho Haneul, you owe me "

_______________

hello , thank you for reading ! daily updates will start from today at 9pm mst / 10pm kst !  Have a nice day everyone 🤍🤍🤍