Chapter 37.

Kasper.

*******

I stared at the bowl of cheerios I'd poured exactly 37 minutes ago, soggy and definitely not good-looking anymore. I fiddled with the spoon, stirring the sad excuse for cereal around some more, seeing how many of the circular hoops I could sink under the milk at once.

Almost making me throw the bowl across the room was the sound of knocking at my door, it wasn't even that loud. I glanced up at the clock, it was shortly after 2. I was curious as to what psychopath would come around so late, surely I would've been messaged if it was important. I place the bowl down firmly on the wooden coffee table in front of me, slipping the gun into my right hand as I edged closer to my locked door.

Slowly unlocking it, I held my gun tighter. All kinds of possibilities running through my head, a spy, an assassin, literally anyone but Nico.

I blinked a few times, dumbfounded to find him in front of my house, looking like a lost puppy. His hair was unusually disheveled, and not the way it normally does after he has sex with some random chick, he looked like a sleep-deprived mess. His shirt was untucked and slightly crumpled, the same dark, loose-fitting material he had in when we ran into Caiden earlier this afternoon. His dark eyes snapped to me when I opened the door, blinking silently himself.

Only realizing I'd been pointing my gun at his middle, I lowered it and opened the door wider for him to step inside. But what he did next literally blew my mind.

I'm 2 long strides, he was only millimeters apart.
"Nico? what're you-"

His lips smashed into mine roughly, lips moving so quickly I could barely keep up. It took me a few moments to register what was happening, my best friend was kissing me.
Again.
Quickly, I met his movements, my gun hitting the wooden floorboards with a thump, but I barely heard it. All I could feel and hear was his lips on mine, so soft but so demanding and desperate.

He placed his hands on my jaw, cupping my face as he backed me up against the wall somewhere behind the entrance of my door, lowering his head slightly as he was taller than me.
Slightly.

His hands caged me to the wall, forcing me to instantly run my hands over his chest, a soft whimper escaping his lips.
He whimpered.
Nico whimpered.
I felt my knees turn to fucking jelly at the sound, my mind reeling.

I ran my hands up to his neck, running my fingers through his dark hair, pulling him ever closer.

I slid my tongue along his lips, waiting for some sort of access, or maybe looking for some sort of answer as to what made him kiss me. I could tell he was hesitant but opened his mouth wider for me.

Instantly, I rolled my tongue over his, exploring the sweet taste of his mouth. One of his hands moved to the side of my face again, the other lifting higher over my head as he braced himself up, pushing against me roughly.

His tongue met mine, and it was like time stopped. His tongue glided over mine slowly, almost like he was exploring, getting used to whatever the fuck was happening right now.

But then it turned.
His breathing came harder and quicker, his lips pushing harder against mine and his tongue more daring as he continued. He suddenly sucked in my tongue, forcing a low groan from my throat before slipping his tongue into my mouth, plunging deep and exploring me freely.

It felt so fucking good, but my mind screamed at me to stop.
So I did.

"Wait," I pulled away from him quickly, slamming my head on the hard wall behind me, making me hiss sharply, rubbing the back of my head.