Chapter 22.

"I still think you're being dramatic, I wouldn't have bled out," I sighed, watching her face carefully as she focused on applying rubbing alcohol onto my battle scars. 

"You don't know that," She shrugged.

I put my hands on her hips as she fussed over some pissy blood, my gaze not leaving her face. I knew her mind was twirling around, I could almost hear the cogs. 
No doubt it was about my fucking breakdown I had about 10 minutes ago. 
And now we're back to this, fussing over some silly bite marks. 

Her eyes snapped up to mine, full of fucking pity.

"Holy shit, stop looking at me like that," I groaned, rubbing my hands over my face. 

"I can't fucking help it! Did I ever do that?  Because if so-" I cut her off as I pulled her hips closer so she was standing in front of me, my chin resting on her stomach as I looked up at her, she only looked down at me.

"Oaklyn, it's fine. I'm over it," I smiled reassuringly.

"It's okay if you're not though," She muttered, stroking my hair softly. 

"But I am," I kissed her stomach.
"So stop looking at me like I'm your mom's favorite vase that you just accidentally broke, and get your little ass over here," I grinned up at her, studying her tiny little body in my jersey, which she took great joy in washing, now it smelt like lavender. 

She rolled her eyes with a grin before sliding onto my lap, her arms around my neck as she pressed her lips to mine softly, too softly...

I sighed, pulling away from her and resting my forehead on her shoulder.
"I can't help it Caiden, I just wish I could take it away for you. I don't want you to feel like this," She explained, her tone flat and deflated. 

"C'mon tree, don't 'gimme that shit. You look like someone just fucking died," I frowned at her, she only stared at me sadly.
For the record, this is exactly why I don't tell people to shit, I don't want you to look at me any differently from the guy who just fucked you on the beach," I explained with a smirk, forcing her to crack a small smile, looking more like a grimace. 
"Fuck sakes, so much for a good last night together, huh?" I sighed, kissing her cheek.

"Well, at least it was memorable," She giggled softly, forcing me to chuckle.
"But, I hate to bring this up now out of all the times. But, what the fuck do we do at that mafia dance shit?" She questioned. 

"Oh god no, don't do this right now," I groaned, mentally rolling my eyes at the thought alone.

"C'mon Caiden, what the fuck do we do now? Your family hates mine, vice versa. You and I were something that was never supposed to happen," She sighed.

"But it did happen," I shrugged.

"My point exactly. Do we act like total fucking strangers? I can't pretend to hate you, so don't even try it," She scoffed.

"I dunno, imagine I'm Jasper dickface or something," I smirked at her, she immediately broke out in a wide smile, shaking her head slightly.
"What the fuck!? I ask you to think of the guy I repeatably keep fucking over and you smile like that? What the shit?!" I protest, frowning unhappily at the beautiful smile she just showed me.

She only giggled at me, cupping my face and kissing me softly. I kissed her back quickly, hands going to her tiny ass waist and pulling her closer to me. 
"You need to eat more, do you even know how skinny you are?" I grumbled against her lips. 

"You keep reminding me, then feed me pancakes or pizza," She smiled softly.

"You like pancakes and pizza," I shrug before kissing her again, she kisses me back happily.