Chapter 36.

I was surprised at how long Oaklyn was with her father, I figured it was going well. I wouldn't lie, I was shitting it for her. I knew her father was dangerous, probably more dangerous than she ever realized. The men I positioned outside of the door were well trained, especially when I knew she'd be in there. I was aware of her father's attempted escape, despite just waking up, he immediately tried to escape through the window. I didn't want to tell Oaklyn in case it upset her, she loved her father, probably too much for her own good. It was her flaw, she saw the good in people, even if it wasn't really there.

She was an angel, too good for this fucking world.
And it would end up hurting her.

Nico had been going over a few things with me, nothing of much importance, but I nodded and occasionally spoke up when needed. He stayed for a little bit after we'd finished up, opening a bottle of bourbon that was in one of my desk drawers. Nico, I noticed, was drinking more than he usually did.
Strangely quiet too.

"Okay, what's going on with Kasper?" I sighed, finished off my glass of bourbon, and placed it on the desk.

He froze, eyes widening as he glanced over at me, almost choking in his drink.

"What are you talking about?" He muttered with a roll of his eyes.

"I mean, that you guys are so fucking close and whatever it is you guys fell out over, isn't fucking worth it. You look miserable because of it," I explained softly, watching him carefully.

"I don't know what you're talking about," He scoffed, shaking his head at me.

"Fine. But don't be an arrogant asshole and lose your best friend because you're too fucking stubborn to sort it out," I shrugged, raising an eyebrow at him, not buying his bullshit.

"You've been hanging out with Nick way too much," He scoffed, although he nodded at me softly, acknowledging I was correct.

"Maybe," I scoffed, shooting him a smile.

He froze silently for a minute.

"Fuck, I hate you," He sighed as he got up, shaking his head to himself as he trailed out of my office.

I smirked as he shut the door behind him, knowing full well he was off to find Kasper. I took the 2 glasses from the desk and placed them back on the tray, ready to be washed.

I heard the door open quietly, closing just as soft.
Oaklyn.

"Hey, how was y-"

Her lips were on mine in a second, moving quickly and rough.
Desperate.

Her arms were around my neck, pulling me close to her, her lips moving even quicker. My hands went to her hips instinctively, my thump rubbing against her hip softly.

Managing to pull away from her slightly, I drew my brows together.
"Are you okay?"I questioned softly, she didn't meet my gaze as she nodded, pulling me back into her roughly.

"Yeah."

She clung to me tighter, lips dropping to my neck suddenly. She sucked me roughly, no doubt leaving marks all over my skin, occasionally biting the skin sharply before going back to kissing.
"Oaklyn? What're you-"

"Just... I don't wanna talk," She muttered before shoving me down on the sofa behind us, straddling me quickly, lips back on my own. She ground against me quickly, sucking on my tongue hungrily.

Her hands went down to my shoulders, trailing down my arms before stopping at my hands, guiding them to her ass. Immediately, I trailed them away from her, going to her upper arms and squeezing softly, pulling away.
"Oaklyn."