|𝟯𝟮| 𝗟𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗱𝗲

Start from the beginning

I continue to glare at her. "You have to get out to." I deadpan.

"No the fuck I don't," she looks out the window at Althea skipping over to the lemonade stand and then she looks back at me. "that's your women." She states, pointing her finger at me.

I frown. "She's your sister."

"The suns going down." She states plainly.

"And?" I raise my eyebrow at her.

"Who knows what could come out of those sewer hole things," she shudders. "Pennywise could be up in there for all we know. Now get your ass out there and protect my sister from the killer clowns while she gets her lemonade god-damnit!" She points her finger out the window.

I curse under my breath before unbuckling my seatbelt and opening the car door. I jump out of the car and slam the door close.

"What is this? 2016? What fucking killer clowns?" I mumble, training my eyes on Althea who stands in front of the lemonade stand, talking to the little girl and her mom.

It was so fucking chilly as I walked towards Althea, dreading having to interact with this kid. When me and Althea have our kids, they better not be as annoying as this little girl looks. Yes, I can tell if someone's annoying by how they fucking look.

I reach her finally, the SUV parked across the road so I won't block the lemonade stand from cars driving by. I'm not that mean.

"We're raising money for my Girl Scouts." The little girl says proudly, having to stand on her tippy toes to pour Althea's lemonade into a small cup.

I just know Althea's smiling as she stares at the little girl even though I'm standing really close behind her.

There's a little breeze that lifts the bottom of the little green dress covered in small flowers that she put on after we left the lake.

I step closer to her, if thats even possible, and I gently tug her dress down so it won't lift up.

She jumps a little at the contact of my knuckles brushing against her thigh and she cranes her neck back to look up at me.

"Hey, Tater Tot. Want some lemonade?" She grins evilly.

I glare at her, switching my gaze from her smiling face to the little girl staring at me wide eyed from behind the table and then to her mom who still longes in a chair.

The mom looks up at me with raised eyebrows, switching her attention from me to Althea quickly before giving me a kind smile.

"No." I say, glareing at the child who smiles at me.

"Hi! My names Sophia! But I like princess sophia better because...well...I am one duh." Sophia, the little girl, says, smiling up at me from behind her lemonade stand, her two front teeth missing as she held the pitcher. It was shaking in her hands, probably to heavy.

I squinted at her. No way she's being serious. She may be more suspicious then squirrels.

I feel Althea elbow me in the stomach and I grunt, rubbing the spot on my belly. Then I look down at her with raised eyebrows. "Say hi back. Don't be mean." She scolds.

I sigh, turning my attention back to Sophia. "Hi..." I cross my arms.

"Would you like some lemonade? I made it myself," she says.

"No."

Another pain in my stomach from Althea's elbow.

"No thank you...princess" I grunt out.