Chapter 7 : 1 fake treasure and 1 son of a bitch

Start from the beginning

Timeskip brought to you by this cursed video

Y/n : Ok then Kaeya , what do you need me to do now.

Kaeya : How should I begin... oh right , let me tell a secret first . It's a secret of my past. And I confide in you to keep it .

Y/n : Ah shit , this is not going to end well.

Paimon : Don't worry Paimon lips are sealed.

Kaeya: As a matter of fact , my grandfather was a pirate.

Paimon : Oh .

Y/n : Damn.

Kaeya : Wait , why do you sound do blithe? Do you think I'm making it up? Look at my ! I inherited it from my grandfather and this is the solid proof that we are related by blood!

Y/n : I don't think inheriting things like a eyepatch can prove that you are related by blood with someone.

Kaeya: My! Y/n how could you not know such common knowledge! This is no different from children inheriting their hairstyles from their parents.

Y/n : Does he know this shit is called "genetics"?

Kaeya: Yesterday , I was glancing through the notes my grandfather left and stumbled upon records that spoke of a treasure...

Paimon : Treasure...

Y/n : Hmmmm interesting.

Kaeya: According to his notes , the treasure is buried in the "lost arcadian ruins".

Paimon : TrEaSuRe...

Kaeya : But the location of the ruins is currently unknown. I've tried searching for clues...

Paimon : TREASURE! Kaeya what kind of treasure is it? Gold ? Or better yet, gems!?

Kaeya : Hmph ! Treasures that consist of nothing but gold and gems are third rate treasures... My grandfather treasure is a sword

Y/n : A sword !?

Kaeya : A magic sword that grant's the wielder unrivalled power!

Paimon/Y/n: Oh wowwww!

Kaeya : The sword was dropped from celestia into the sea by a god . It was later salvaged by my grandfather's crew by pure coincidence. The moment he gripped the sword, thunder roared , billows howled, and the clear skies were suddenly swallowed by raging winds... with might of the magic sword, my grandfather went on to defeat a hydra, a silver haired banshee, a wicked abyss dragon...

Y/n : Oh God. these stories about hydras are triggering my PTSD! *internal screaming*

Kaeya: But the immense power of the sword enticed many more greedy pirates. To avoid meaningless conflicts , my grandfather hid the magic sword. A gang of treasure hoarders has been very active lately and many ruins have had their relics stolen by them. I'm afraid that they will soon discover the arcadian ruins and the magic sword will be lost .

Paimon put her hands on her hips and started talking in a very heroic tone.

Paimon : We won't let it fall into the wrong hands! We must get it befo-

Y/n : Why WE . Can't Kaeya just send some knights to find it , or they are all equally useless or some shit like that.

Kaeya: Hmmmmm so this is what diluc meant when he was talking about having a new apprentice.