Now that seems more fitting.

I look over at Hot Shot, trying to subtly ask him why he didn't tell me what today was, but his attention turns when Sakura sweeps over in front of him. She holds out the gift bag in her hands, giving it to him.

"You got me a gift?" He takes it from her hands.

"Yes, but don't open it until you get home. It's technically for Taz, not you," she gives him a half grin.

"Don't forget to tell him that I chipped in!" Niall makes sure to remind her. As he talks, he steps over towards the garage doors, unlocking them, and pushing them upward to open up the shop.

"Yes, Niall also helped with the gift," she smiles, seemingly proud of it.

"Any excuse to shower my cat with more affection than me, huh?" Hot Shot shakes his head with a small laugh, placing the gift bag next to his desk in the back.

"You'll get your attention tonight, I promise," Sakura assures him. "Remember that cute rap song you sang your heart out to that one time?" My hand flies over my mouth to hide my laughter. Immediately, she continues, "Well, we got Wyatt to make you a playlist for the speakers at Serpent's Den tonight. We put that song on it at least five times. Everyone will know it once they hear it."

His hand slaps over his face immediately, "Y'know, Sakura, some things are worth forgetting-"

"Oh, but that night is worth remembering," she proudly huffs.

"So let me get this straight. You're having a 'birthday' party?" I try to clear out my thoughts. I'm a little unsure if my wording makes sense, but then again, none of this really does.

"Mhm. Serpent's Den. Tonight," Niall continues to check everything around the shop, multitasking as he talks. "Anyone can come watch him get blacked out. It's fuckin' hilarious."

"I don't really know if she wants to see that," Hot Shot starts to shake his head.

"No, I mean it definitely does sound entertaining," I nod shortly. I'd love to go, but the timing is a little bad. I don't know how exactly my parents would feel if I came home drunk tonight, especially after they got pissed at me for not telling them where I was. Plus, I feel like I'm horrible when I'm drunk. I'm going to say something or do something with him right in front of everyone and I'm going to regret it. The smartest thing would be to skip out on it or go and not drink at all.

"You should come, Molly," Sakura invites me as she throws a pair of gloves over her fingers. "I'd die to get drunk with you."

"I'd have to think about it," I clear my throat, "but I don't think I'm free."

The truth is, I am extremely free tonight, but the more I think about this party, the worse it gets. Like I said, I'm a bad drunk, it will not turn out well for me. Especially if I see Hot Shot with another girl, I might lose my mind. I know I told him it was okay that he was still hooking up with other people, but I'd rather just go to sleep tonight knowing that it isn't for certain.

"Oh, you aren't?" H asks. The look on his face appears to be a little disappointed, but nonetheless, I sigh.

"Yeah, I just... have a lot going on at home," I refrain from making eye contact.

"Well, if you have time to stop by, you should," Sakura offers up. "If not, we can save it for some other time."

"Yeah," I lower my gaze. "Definitely."

They continue to talk more and more about this eventful party. Occasionally, Niall would remind Hot Shot about the girls he's going to get tonight, which only encouraged me less and less to go. I just don't want to see him with someone else. I already know it's going to happen either way, but I can at least spare myself the trouble.