"Did you like... hit your head?" I squint, slowly bringing my gaze down.

"At some point, probably," he replies, shaking his head fairly. I watch as his tongue rolls on the inner corner of his cheek, before he gives me a mischievous grin, "I'm almost done with the jewelry I'm makin' you, though."

"Yeah?" I feel the excitement rush through me, "Are you going to tell me what you decided to make?"

"No, 'cause then it wouldn't be a surprise," he counters, sliding both of his hands up to my face. He places them on either side of my jaw, tucking his fingers back through my hair.

"Maybe I'm just impatient, but I'm excited," I express, dragging my own hands up. I hold his wrists, keeping his hands still. Lightly, my thumb starts to sway on his skin, creating a soft pattern. "I'll wear whatever you make, though. Something tells me I'm gonna like it a lot."

"Oh, baby, kiss me already," he hums, letting me know how much my words are affecting him.

His lips meet mine, and unexpectedly, my hands drop to my sides. He uses his hips to push my back deeper onto the car behind me, and my suspicion only grows stronger. He seems a lot happier today than he usually does. There's something going on that he isn't telling me about, though I just can't seem to wrap my head around it.

But, God, that word. He's only ever nicknamed me in that sense when he's lost in the moment, but now he's using it without hesitation.

It's even more proof that he seems very optimistic about today.

He drops one hand, gliding it gently on the back of my thigh. He pushes my leg upward, allowing himself to hike it up on his hip. Once he has me leaned back, standing on one leg, he allows himself to dip his mouth down my jaw, then down my neck.

"How much time do you think we have?" He checks, kissing my shoulder.

The second he says that, the door knob starts to rattle. Quickly, he drops my leg and I push him off of me. Subtly, considering we only have a second or two, he leans himself next to me on the car. Both Niall and Sakura enter, so to make it seem less suspicious, he clears his throat.

"So this right here is called the top of the car..." he tries to act natural by pointing to the part of the car, pretending as if he were showing it to me.

I squint my eyes, fully prepared to turn around and see their disappointed faces staring over at the two of us. Though, instead I hear Niall loudly yell, "Happy fucking birthday."

My eyes widen. I know he isn't saying that to me.

"Surprised you remembered," Hot Shot laughs.

"Drinks on me tonight, alright? We got Wyatt to let everyone know," Niall promises him, before looking at me, "Oh- hey, Molly, you're here early."

"Yeah, just wanted to celebrate the occasion... that I knew nothing about," I let out a fake laugh, before gritting my teeth.

It's his birthday.

That must be what the strange optimism and early morning meet up was about. He's just in an incredibly good mood. I don't know if he was planning on telling me that today is his birthday, but either way I'd end up just as surprised as I am now.

"Don't worry if you didn't know," Sakura walks in, holding a gift bag in her hand. "It's not really his birthday."

"What? Then why did Niall just say it was?" I'm completely thrown off. She literally has a gift bag in her hands, what is she talking about?

"The jackass never told us his real birthday, so three years ago I decided that April 20th was the perfect date to celebrate," Niall explains to me. "So technically, it's a fake birthday. I still count it as one, though."