Ch. 2 - The Torture Continues

So guys, this is the 2nd chapter, and things are starting to get a little dramatic! I hope you enjoy it, and feel free to leave me any feedback in the comments or through private message. Stay strong, I love you all!

~Reannaaa;)

P.S. Picture of Hazel on the side :)

-------------------------

"But.. but... this is ridiculous! What do you mean you can't put an announcement over the loudspeaker? I want to speak to the manager!" I huffed.

The girl just smirked. "Kid, you do realise this isn't a shop, there isn't a manager. Hurry along now, I don't want to deal with you anymore. I have better, more important things to do." She said, walking away and leaving me stranded by the desk without a clue of what do to next.

-------------------------

Did the lady at the information desk just... reject my plea for help? She was meant to help me solve my issues, not potentially make them worse. I can't believe the mall would let such horrible people work for them. Maybe I should have a word with- NO, NO! Why can't I focus? My mother is missing! I swear I have ADHD. In the middle of a freaking panic attack and all I can think about is rude people at mall information desks. What is wrong with me?!?

Hmm... maybe I should call my dad? I mean, mum kind of has a history of leaving me in shopping centres...

*FLASHBACK*

I was 5 years old, in the grocery store with my mum. It was a huge complex, full of small shops like a café, bookstore, nail salon, dollar store and of course, the grocery store itself. I was an adventurous little kid, and I was mad at my mum for something she had done which I clearly can't remember. Being the rebellious, carefree little kid I am, I sneakily waited for my mother to turn her back on me before darting out of the grocery store and into Crossroad Books (A/N - idk if it's real or not, it's the first thing that came into my mind). I searched around the store trying to look for a place to hide, immediately noticing a ladder propped up against the side of a stack of cubbies, adorned with books of all shapes and sizes. Without giving it a second thought, I climbed up the ladder. I emptied out one of the cubbies, sending loads of books down to the ground with a horrendous thud. Hearing footsteps approaching, I shot up the ladder and hid deep inside the cubby, waiting for my mother to realise I was gone and come get me.

I don't really know how long I stayed up there in that cubby, but I eventually got so bored I ended up falling asleep. As I was peacefully dreaming about narwhals and centours, a forceful shake of my shoulders awoke me from my own little world. A man who I did not recognise looked at me with a worried expression on his face.

"Hey, hey Lucas! Think I found her!" he yelled so incredibly loudly I nearly fell out of the cubby. Can you become deaf from something like that? Well anyway, I saw another man rush over and stare at me intently.

"Yeah, that's her. Well done Sarge."

Sarge? Where had I heard that before? Was I in trouble?

"W-who are y-you?" I stuttered, terrified.

"Your mother, she went home without you. I guess she forgot you were with her... what an irresponsible mother!" he told me, muttering the last part to himself.

Out of nowhere, I noticed my mother rushing up to the cubby which was getting more uncomfortable my the minute. I REALLY wanted to get out of here, but I couldn't reach the ladder. Luckily, mum climbed up the ladder and grabbed me down. She pulled me into a tight hug before thanking the officers and walking out of Crossroad Books.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I made a mental note to never trust my mum in public with my future children.

Finally, I decided to call my dad. He was the closest I was going to get to finding my mum for quite a while.

I browsed through my contact list on my phone until my finger landed on his number. I dialled and he picked up within a few rings.

"Hey dad!" I said, trying to keep my voice from getting shaky.

"Ohh hey, Squirt." He chirped, obviously in a happy mood. I was glad for him; his depression takes so much of his life away and I want him to be able to experience as much as he can while he's still young. Or middle aged... or something.

"Uhh, this may sound kinda like a weird question, dad... but is mum home?" I said, losing it, my voice cracking and probably resulting in me sounding like a frog choking on a fly. But I knew I couldn't reveal to dad just how serious this was, so I kept as calm as possible.

"Why Squirt, what happened? Tell me EVERYTHING." His tone quickly changed from chirpy to dead serious. I gulped and continued reluctanty.

"Well I may have accidentally lost mum but it wasnt my fault and I'm reallyscaredandIcan'tfindherand-" I said, gradually talking so fast I needed to stop to take a breath. There was a huge crashing sound on the other end of the call. I couldn't hear my dad anymore, just a faint beeping noise.

I jumped when I heard heavy breathing on the other end. Was he hurt? What should I do? I was starting to get a little scared so I became more careful with my words.

"Um... hello? Anyone there? Dad, are you okay?" I said slowly.

"Your dad....... he isn't here anymore. Mwahahahahaha!!!" A loud voice roared. I was actually terrified now, sweating profusely. The evil cackle at the end didn't help with calming my nerves. I was in full-on meltdown mode now.

"WHO ARE YOU? WHERE IS MY FATHER?!?" I screamed, earning myself a handful of puzzled looks from customers around me. A couple people even stopped what they were doing to crowd around and listen. Greaaaat. I had enough on my plate without having an audience watching me have a panic attack. Just the thought of them being there overwhelmed me so much I had to sit down.

"Your mother is gone. Your father is no longer concious. If you want your mother back, you have to-" but then I just heard static. The line went dead.

Holy freaking crap.

-------------------------

AHAHAAHA! CLIFFHANGER! Heheh hope you enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I did writing it :P Vomment lovelies! I read EVERY SINGLE COMMENT and I appreciate your feedback so so soo much. Stay strong, I love you all <3

~Reannaaa;)