29- fourth of July

Maya pov
"engine 19, a car 19 please get to Wright 647 Avenue" we heard and ran "ok 19 let do that" I yelled as we got ready.
I was on the engine with Andy and Montgomery we got there as fast as we can that was a big fire so we needed to start working.
"Herrera and Gibson you go into the house the people out Hughes and Miller help them clear the area, go go!" I yelled and went to the civilians "can anyone tell me how many people are in the house" I asked and a teenager came to me "there are 3 people in there two adults and girl I left her house two hours ago I- I" she said panicking "ok thank you its ok we will do our best to get them out" I said resting my head on her shoulder before I left.
"Herrera what's going on" I asked we on our way out with the people the father said that there no one else in there" she said "ok get out as fast as you can it doesn't look good from here" I said and a few seconds later they came out with two adults one unconscious "Herrera there is a teenager in there too where is she" I asked "the father said there's no one else there" she said and I put my mask on and I ran in "Maya!" I heard Andy yell.
"Hello anyone in here" I yelled "fire department is there anyone here" I yelled "help" I hear a little voice yelling and tried to open the door but she was locked "walk away from the door" I yelled and knocked the door off seeing a girl sitting in the corner "hey I'm gonna get you out of here are you ok?" I asked and she just breathe heavily so I put my mask on her and carried her towards the exit...
As we got out I put her in the A car seeing two body bags realizing her parents are gone I drove with her to the hospital.

Carinas pov
"Hey Carina" Teddy said "Hey Teddy what's up" I asked but then I saw Maya coming into the hospital with a oxygen mask on her "bambina what happened are you ok" I said panicking "I'm fine I came with the girl" she said and I hugged her "and she also took off her mask off and gave it to the girl" Andy said coming next to as, I let go of the hug and pushed Maya in her arm "hey what was that for" Maya said looking at me "you did something dangerous you shouldn't do that" I said holding her face "I know my love but I just needed to save her I couldn't let her suffer" she said looking at me with her big blue eyes and I let my forhead touch hers "I love you" I said as I closed my eyes "I love you too" she said and kissed me "you two are so cute that it's gross" Andy laugh and I hugged Maya putting my head on her chest..

Mayas pov
I sat in the waiting room when Teddy came out and told that the girl is ok now so I went to see her "bambina are you ok" Carina asked before I left "yeah why" I asked her confused "why do you care so much you don't know that girl" " I don't know I just know I need to keep her safe" I said she nodded and went to her room..
I sat in the girls room holding her hand waiting for her to wake up "ok I know that we don't know each other but I need you to wake up I don't know why I just need you to so please wake up" I said resting my head on her bed as I hold her hand and after a while I guess I fall a sleep.

Teddy's pov
I got to the room and saw Maya asleep holding her hand, still in her uniform and the girl awake looking at Maya with a worried look on her face "hey I'm Teddy I'm your doctor whats you name? how are you feeling?" I asked and she looked at me "I'm lena and I'm fine but I have a question" she said quietly "how is she" she said pointing on Maya "she is the firefighter that saved you she wanted to be here with you, to make sure you ok" I said gentile "why? They don't do that usually do they?" She asked and I nodded "you can wake her up she will be happy to see you" I said and she nodded "do you want me to stay?" I asked "um.. Ithink I'm gonna be fine she seems nice" she said quietly "ok and please call someone of you're not feeling ok" I said and she nodded

Lena's pov
Teddy left and I looked at the firefighter moving her hand a little trying to wake her up, after a few seconds she woke up looking up at me smiling "hey" she said softly "hey I'm Lena, thank you for saving me" I said shyly "nice to meet you Lena, I'm Maya and that's not problem you don't need to thank me" she said holding my hand "where are my parents" I said and she looked at me sadly "they're dead right?" I said understanding from her look "yes I'm so sorry" she said trying to put her hand on Mt cheek I flinched at first and a tear left my eye but then I melted to her touch and Maya asked "Did you get enough love, my little dove why do you cry" she asked starting to realize what's going on "I- I'm sorry I just got scared" I said and she nodded hugging my closer I know she knows but I guess she chose to leaveit for now after a while she asked "do you have any family we can call" "no it was only me and my parents" I said "can I hug you?" She asked and I nodded, she got to my bed and hugged me as I rest my head on her chest slowly falling asleep..

Carinas pov
I went to the room Maya was in and saw her on the bed with a little girl laying on her chest "bambina what's going on" I asked surprised to see Maya like that "Carina I don't know what to do her parents are dead she doesn't have anyone else" she said quietly "well usually we call child services but I'm guessing that's not what you thought about" I said knowing by her look that she's gonna say something crazy "can we take her" she asked leaving me shocked...

Well I guess we should wait and see...
Hope you enjoyed the chapter!