46 | Merry Chuseok

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You like to keep your curtains closed all the time so I think a lighter one would be nice," Minhee says, throwing the darker shade on the couch. "It will filter the Sunlight enough and not keep it dark."

Is this normal between them?

She thrusts the curtain in his chest, "Put them up." and turns around when Jeongguk pulls her back, letting the curtain fall on the ground.

With her back against his chest, Jeongguk brings both of his hands to wrap around her torso. Minhee freezes, her hands awkwardly hanging midair. "Which one do you like?" Jeongguk asks, resting his chin on the shoulder.

Minhee clears her throat. "I put mine up already..."

"Get those off then."

Minhee scoffs, trying to get out his hold, "Can't let me have my favourite coloured curtains in my room now? Why do you want whatever I do?"

Jeongguk chuckles, tightening his hold. "Oh wifey..." he places his nose against the side of her neck. Minhee thinks she'll faint the next moment. "I meant to get those in my room because that's your room too now, anyway." and he holds her wrists while guiding her hands place top of his.

And Minhee blinks, her eyelashes heavy. A kiss is placed on her shoulder and she feels all the air leave her lungs. "I will hang that in my room," it's a picture of Bam, Jeongguk and Minhee. "Call me if you need help."

And his hands slip away, before Minhee holds him back.

I don't know how to unwant.

She smiles, "I hope you don't mind pink curtains Mr Jeon."

And the regret on his face is visible but he doesn't say anything. Minhee laughs, tip-toeing and presses a kiss against his lips. It's a peck but it's enough to make them both flustered.

And without sparing each other a glance, they are off to do their own tasks.

Exchanging kisses is still new for them. Minhee finds any kind of intimacy intriguing, especially the way Jeongguk does it. Having no experience in it, Minhee has seen it only in dramas and movies.

Though upclose, it's different. He does it with so much spontaneity and confidence, there's a meaning behind his every touch. It's like you can see what he feels when he touches you and he makes sure you feel the same.

At night when Minhee sees the bed, it's absolutely weird to imagine Jeongguk and her sleeping here even though the day before she had.

If she makes a pillow border between them again, Jeongguk doesn't question it. He lies down for a few moments before he takes her hand in his and kisses her knuckles.

One step at a time. Maybe one day he'll hold her close until they fall asleep like that.

She squeezes his hand and "Good night," he whispers.

...

"Songpyeon, Songpyeon," Jeongguk sings, sheepishly trying to take one from the ones his mother is making. She slaps his hand away, "These are for Minhee."

Jeongguk scoffs, placing a hand on his heart. "Good, how nice." He says, sarcastically. Then he turns towards Minhee who is struggling to get Bam in a traditional bow tie and says, "Yoon Minhee, how does it feel to be the favourite Jeon?"

"Bam, stay still, I need to get ready too!" Minhee says, finally securing Bam in between her legs and tying the bow around him. "I am sure your mother is the favourite Jeon, Jeongguk."