29 | Most sought bachelor

─── ·𖥸· ───

─── ·𖥸· ───

"What are you doing?" Secretary Kim asks when Jeongguk brings his hand in front of his face, "Trying to see if you are a hot dream husband if I hide that bright blue suit."

"I am," the elder immediately says, "I missed the interview with the Outro magazine last year or else I would have been the 'Most sought bachelor'."

"You are married," Jeongguk reasons.

"Doesn't matter," the other says and before Jeongguk can threaten him saying he would complain to his wife, he pushes a file to the younger man's chest, "These are the few interns who will be leaving next week. Bad performance, no interest in improvement and too narrow-minded about makeup."

Jeongguk opens the file and flips through the report of each intern, "Were you there during the monthly assessment meeting?"

"Yes, Sir. I accurately evaluated the pros and cons of having each of them in our team and decided on it."

"Ayye, Secretary Kim. Go easy on them a little." Jeongguk says, opening the file and reading the reasons for dismissal," 'Can't recognise the difference between lemonade pink and crepe pink'....Even I can't recognise the difference between them."

Secretary Kim raises his eyebrows before leaning his weight on one leg, something Jeongguk assumes he does when he thinks he has the sassiest reply ever, "I am afraid you'll have to leave with them next week as well."

Jeongguk sighs, "You just want me to sign on to them, right?"

The elder nods, regaining his original straight posture. Jeongguk pouts, flipping the pages and signing at the bottom, "You are still so mean. I am not an amateur in all of this anymore...." he mumbles.

"I have never been mean to you during your learning years, also knowledge has no limit. You still have a lot to learn."

"You still have a lot to learn," Jeongguk mumbles, mimicking the elder's tone, "Do you not remember how hard you went? You kicked me out the moment I used the wrong shade of foundation on my hand. You are nicer now. You give these interns...a week."

"Well, Mr Jeon always says that when you get to a higher position, you become nicer."

"Must be because you get old," Jeongguk mumbles, shoving the file to the other's chest with a shit-eating grin.

Secretary Kim widens his eyes in offence, "As if you are never gonna get old. But you know what you aren't going to become nicer ever. Stay as shitty as you are."

"Calm down bro, " Jeongguk says, "What's gotten you so..." he vaguely points at Kim's attire, "So...unsophisticated?"

"Just the interns," Kim straightens himself and bows, apologetically. Jeongguk doesn't press on the matter much, wants to say it's okay but keeps his mouth shut. He's surprised to see his mother sitting when they enter the cafeteria, Secretary Kim immediately taking his leave.