24 | Grisaille

─── ·𖥸· ───

─── ·𖥸· ───

"As your lawyer, I am actually pissed you didn't tell me such an important detail in your life. A wedding, Jeongguk, a wedding!"

"And I told you that we didn't hold a wedding Hyung." Jeongguk passes a glass of water to Yoongi. He's been restless the whole day, walking around the home doing nothing but calls and emails.

"Doesn't matter. In the public's eye, you two had a wonderful destination wedding." Yoongi scoffs. "You must have written a lot of stories in your childhood since you sounded very experienced there."

Jeongguk sighs. He takes a seat across Yoongi on the same couch. Due to the marriage announcement, it has been difficult to step out of the house without getting a camera thrust on your face. He doesn't understand— he told everything he had to, made up a fake story of a 'private ceremony' and even asked people to not bring business in their private matters. What else do people need to know?

The size of the shoe he wore at his wedding?

"Jeongguk. Are you trying to pretend that nothing has changed ever since you have that wedding ring around your finger? Do you think it's that easy?" Yoongi asks, tone advancing into a more careful and serious one.

"I don't have to pretend Hyung, nothing has changed—"

"That Yang investor you lost recently," Yoongi interrupted, "Did you know he hates Minhee because, during the Wings' anniversary event, his surname was spelt incorrectly?"

Jeongguk laughs. "Seriously? That's the reason he hates her? It wasn't even her fault in the first place, must have been an intern..."

"She's the CEO, Jeongguk. She's responsible for everything that is related to Wings, regardless of what she actually does or not. And so are you." The sudden shift in the topic makes Jeongguk whine. His head is already throbbing from all the interviews, and his Hyung seems keen on having a 'heart to heart' talk today.

"Anyway, why did you think he withdrew the project from you?"

"If it's because of the marriage, then you're wrong." Jeongguk insists. "We were already dating publicly then, so he knew I was associated with Minhee."

"That's what the point is!" Yoongi huffs. "Dating isn't a big deal, Marriage is! It's a commitment. He probably thought you were dating to benefit each other and would break up soon but if you're married? It's very difficult to break things off."

Jeongguk shrugs, leaning his head back on the couch. "Seems like a new trend in the celeb world though. They make it seem so easy as if nothing has changed."

"Jeongguk." Yoongi sits up straighter, eyes boring into Jeongguk's half-lidded ones. "Do you plan to divorce her?"

Honestly, Jeongguk has always tried to escape his train of thought whenever he reaches the divorce. He doesn't know what he wants. If Minhee would want a divorce, he would sign the papers without hesitation and give her some money if she asks for it. But if he thinks now, he can only list down one reason why he can divorce her—he doesn't love her— but countless reasons on why he can't.