15 | Win her, winner

─── ·𖥸· ───

─── ·𖥸· ───

"The festival is for two days. Stay is at the hotel nearby—"

"Attorney Min, are you plotting revenge?"

Yoongi sucks in a breath calmly replying. "The food is free."

"So you really are, aren't you?" Jeongguk mutters.

Yoongi sighs, sitting down on the chair in front of Jeongguk's table. "Then you participate in some events—"

"Hyung, do you hate me?"

Oh for fuck's sake.

"Six percent." Yoongi slaps the book in his hand on the table. Jeongguk blinks, confused and scared.

"What—"

"Okay." Yoongi interrupts. "We can negotiate for thirteen if you shut up."

Jeongguk huffs, "You hate me thirteen percent?"

"I like you, thirteen percent." Jeongguk opens his mouth again to whine about it when he's interrupted again. "Too much? It's three then."

Jeongguk glares at the older man, then looks outside his window. The cosiness has started settling in, people covered from top to bottom with spring essentials and rushing to their respective workplaces. It makes Jeongguk think, how does all of this matter? Who cares if he married the daughter of Yoon Daejun? Who cares if he lied about his marriage to not have Minhee get close to him? Who cares?

"You're doing good Jeongguk," Yoongi says. It sounds soft, Jeongguk wonders if his Hyung is cold. "You know...with everything. This fake dating thing too."

Jeongguk licks his lips. He has no option but to do it. The marriage was something Jeongguk didn't care about or think about often but one thing that he didn't want was Minhee moving in with him.

He can't live with anyone else at this stage of his life. He likes to be alone in his house, not caring about anything and thinking about everything without getting asked for answers. If Minhee moves in, not only would it become uncomfortable but it would bring a change in their relationship.

For better or worse? Who knows? And Jeongguk isn't curious to find the answer either.

"The photos of Mrs Yoon surfaced on social media yesterday. People are talking about how genuine you seem with her. Honestly, if I didn't know better, I would have thought you guys were actually dating. And did Mrs Yoon personally come to you? I didn't know she was part of the plan either." Yoongi chuckles, shaking his head in disbelief.

Right hyung, if only you knew better.

"Anyway, cheer up! I will see you around." the older man says, waving Jeongguk a goodbye.

Minhee went to lengths to get the public to believe in their relationship. Mrs Yoon isn't the type to bring lunch for a son-in-law from a marriage of benefit. He knows Minhee had sent her here, but for what?